Hockey drill: block 1 exercise 2 closed control and succesfully dribbling an opponent
Block 1 exercise 2 closed control and succesfully dribbling an opponent
- Exercise expand on both sides
- A gives a push to B
- B takes the ball closed because defender D is in his back.
- B accelerates dribbling with the ball on the stick along the pilons, D runs with B because he doesn't want B to go along.
- D may try to conquer the ball when B has passed the pilons.
- B wants to pass the ball to C. If D intercepts, he passes the ball to C so that the person can continue with the exercise.
- If B gets the ball to C, C will do the same and the defender E will defend. If E picks up the ball, he can finish at the goal.
- How to continue, A goes to the spot of B, B goes to the spot of D, D goes to the spot of C, C goes to the spot of E and E goes to the spot of A.
- Tips for the attackers
- Keep the ball close to you and screen it with your stick
- Pass the ball over the backhand side of your opponent
- Accelerate to make it harder for the defender to stop you
- Tips for the defenders
- Keep your stick on the ground, you can react much faster to what your opponent is doing
- Keep your opponent on the forehand and make sure the line is closed!
- Let the attacker make the mistake and then grab the pass.
- Guide your opponent in the direction where you want him/her to go
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: