Hockey drill: building up attack and changing side of play
Building up attack and changing side of play
- The defender (1) plays the ball to the right back (2).
- Right half (3) pulls in and right front player (4) goes deep.
- Defender (2) plays a deep pass to the front right player (4).
- Front right player turns away and plays the ball back to the midfielder (3).
- Midfielder plays the ball back to the other central defender (5) who runs forward.
- Pass to the left back (6) and then repeat the same exercise over the right.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: