Hockey drill: defence 1 v 1
Defence 1 v 1
1 v 1
- Make a square from 5m-5m and play a 1v1. the defender is only allowed to defend with his body so no stick.
- Focus on defence.
- Use your body to force them to go to your strong side.
- When you push them to the side make a block tackle.
- Block tackle is always on the forehand, 2 hands on the stick and step forward.
- Stick is on the ground.
- Make a small square 1m-1m.
- The defender is inside the square and the attacker tries to get the ball inside the square.
- The defender use the jab to defend his square.
- You jab with your stick to the ball.
- Left foot in front and right food in the back (not flat fooded).
- Use your stick as poke.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: