Hockey drill: running into the ball
Running into the ball
Points of attention
- A should make a hard directed push into the forehand of B.
- B comes offering and runs through the ball. stick to the ground moving forward.
Takes the ball in the run and accelerates with the forehand past the pawns.
Keeping the ball on the stick so NO tapping.
Enters the circle, lines up the ball and hits goal.
Hands together, left foot in front towards the goal, slightly sinking through the knees, finish your stroke.
- On the other side is the same thing only there you have to step around the ball when driving past the pawns to keep it on your forehand.
- Swap on the same side so A to B's spot and vice versa.
- When all balls are gone, switch sides and do the exercise on the other side.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: