Hockey drill: technical course
- Practicing some useful hockey techniques.
- The player starts at the top black pilon.
- He/she goes through the red slalom and then dribbles towards the (dark) blue pilon.
- From the (dark) blue pilon an Indian will follow
- Dribble to the yellow pilon.
- This is followed by passing moves, in this case a drag has been chosen.
- With other movements, the pilons may have to stand slightly different.
- But here the player runs to the left (end of the L) and drags in front of the 3 pilons the ball forcefully to the right.
- This is repeated again and then the player pushes the ball onto the black goal.
- This exercise can be made easier/complicated. E.g. by changing the passing movements, increasing/reducing the distance of dribbling, making the goal smaller/ larger, adjust the slalom slightly, etc. etc. You can really let your own imagination run wild.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: