Hockey drill: when floating in front of you
When floating in front of you
- The goal of this exercise is to learn to look ahead when floating. In addition, you train your ability to react.
- The players line up on, for example, the back line.
- The trainer stands 10-15 metres away from the players.
- At an agreed signal, the players start drifting towards an imaginary line at your height.
- But in the meantime, they have to look in front of them, because you raise a certain number of fingers and the players have to say that number.
- To make this exercise more difficult, you can ask the players to make a passing move on an agreed signal, or you can make the distance bigger, or the players have to walk instead of saying the number, to a point which corresponds with the number.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: