Volleyball drill: 1234-volleyball!
- groups of three
- 1 field
- one half of the field = winners side, other half = losers/neutrals side
- the 4 corners of each field will be numbered from 1 to 4
- on each half 1 group stands, the remaining group is a reserve
- the group on the loser side can serve and there will be played a rally
- Every time a player has touched the ball, he/she has to tap one of the 4 corners of his/her half. This must be done in numerical order.
- So when the ball comes to the group in question for the first time, the person who does the first contact, taps corner number 1. The person who does the second contact, taps corner number 2 and the person who does the third contact, taps number 3.
- The ball is passed over.
- The ball returns to the side of the group in question, but now the person who makes the first contact must tap corner number 4. The person who does the second contact, must tap corner number 1 again and the person who does the third contact, must tap corner number 2. If the ball then comes over again we start tapping corner number 3.
- You keep doing this until the rally is over.
- If the group on the winner's side wins, they get to stay and get a point.
- If they lose, they have to go back to the loser side.
- If the group on the loser's side wins, they must move to the winner's side, but they still don't get a point.
- If the group loses, they have to go back to the loser's side.
- If necessary, an assignment can be given to the group that lost the rally.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: