Volleyball drill: cmv walk-in playmaker
Suitable for the following techniques: setting
CMV walk-in playmaker
- Divide the group in 4 and divide them equally over position 1,2,3 and 4.
- There they make rows
- Trainer throws ball to 1 (possibly hit ball as sign)
- 2 runs to the middle (because the ball comes from 1)
- 1 plays to midfielder
- after playing the ball 1 walks to row 2
- 2 plays the ball along the net
- when the ball is played, 2 goes to line at 3
- at the moment that 2 touches the ball 3 runs to the net
- 3 plays the ball quietly over the net to 4
- after play 3 connects with row 1
- 4 gives the ball to the trainer
- after a couple of rounds replace 4.
- PAY SPECIFIC ATTENTION TO:
- playmaker right leg in front
- body first in direction of 1 where the ball comes from
- then the body turns through energy from the left foot along the net
- eventually the knees point over the feet in the direction of play
- If necessary the next player in line 2 can check if the playmaker has his right foot in front during play.
- If yes: then this one calls "GOOD".
- If not: call out "FOOT".
- (only do this if the exercise runs smoothly on its own)
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: