Volleyball drill: passing, defending and attacking
Passing, defending and attacking
- A serves to B.
- B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball into the backfield.
- B defends this ball back to the playmaker, who then gives a setup for A.
- A attacks this setup.
- A lines up at the other side who defends the ball and has to score.
After the attack, A takes B's place and B becomes a reserve. The playmaker stays.
The outside attackers use the left half of the field with one playmaker. The middle attackers and diagonal attackers use the right half with another playmaker.
- After the service, A takes a second ball.
- After B's attack A throws this ball into the field.
- B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a setup.
- B attacks again.