Volleyball drill: peck in the middle
Suitable for the following techniques: attack
Peck in the middle
- Coach throws the ball to passer/runner 1.
- He passes to position 3, after which the distributor steps in.
- SV sets up passer/runner 1 or centre 1(X1).
- Passer/runner and center attack when they have the chance,
- Otherwise they must pass to the centre,
- in such a way that the free net defender (2) and the centre back (3) cannot reach it and the ball does not fall into the shaded area of the court.
- I use this exercise as a preparation for a game in which the opponent defends in a 3-2-1 formation and the weakest link is the center back.
- The ball must be pricked where the free net defender cannot reach it and where it still falls far enough before 3.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: