"Walking eights in groups"
Suitable for the following techniques: passing , warming-up , condition
View drills for other technique
Walking eights in groups
- Make trios
- Each trio has a ball.
- Player in the middle keeps running an 8. Every time this player comes in the middle, a ball is thrown:
- A throws (or plays overarm) the ball to B (in the middle)
- B throws the ball underhand back to A and then runs around A until he is back in the middle.
- Meanwhile, A plays the ball to C
- C returns the ball overarm to B.
- B plays the ball underhand back to C and then runs around C until he is back in the middle.
- after 2-3 minutes the player in the middle is changed.
- To make it simpler, player A and C can throw instead of playing overarm. Could be underhand throwing/catching or overarm throwing/catching.
- To practice standing still when playing/throwing, player B can throw and catch underhand.