Basketball drills for all skills
- The entire group is lined up behind a line on the side of the field.
- On signal they walk over to the other side.
- Variation Starting Positions:
- prone or supine,
- sit with the back to the walking direction.
- The group is lined up on the short side of the field in a few relays.
- On a sign, they all walk to the other side at the same time and sit back to back in a random order.
- Which group sits first?
- Varying the starting and finishing poses.
- At the other side touch a line, return and sit in a row again.
- From the group, a scapegoat is appointed.
- The game is played all over the field.
- The group is lined up on one side of the field.
- On sign the children cross the field.
- One of the catchers tries to catch as many children crossing the road as possible.
- The children walk to and fro on a signal.
- Back and forth without waiting for a signal.
- The children are not free on the other side.
- With two tappers.
- With boxes where there is one ticker in each box.
- The children can be tagged in every cell.
- Who has not been tagged on the way out and on the way back?
- Or which group of tickers has managed to tick the most children?
- The group stands on one side behind these hoops.
- When told to do so, the children steal objects from the other side and place them in the hoops on their own side.
- If they are caught by a ticker, they have to put the object back.
- The group is lined up in the four corners of the field.
- A ticker with a party ribbon
- At a signal they cross the field in three directions:
- the short side, the long side or diagonally.
- On their return, they score one, two or three points respectively.
- A ticker operates in the room and forces the ticked children to go back to his corner before he can cross again.
- How many points can you get in an agreed time?
All on 1 line (work up to middle line, run up to end line, repeat exercise every time)
- 2 x jogging
- Skipping legs
- Heels against seat
- Straighten back leg, bend front leg (straight ahead)
- Extend the back leg, bend the front leg (sideways)
- Crossing legs
- Swinging arms
- Sprint + step slide back
- 5 men start at the center line.
- 1 makes lay up becomes defence
- 2 taps the cone and also defends
- 3 rebounds and throws in
- 4-5 hit baseline and ask to play ball for 3-2
- baseline start.
- 1 man dribble attack
- 1 man footwork defense
- from the halfway line 1-1
2 teams, 1 ball.
- Depending on the size of the teams a half field or quarter field.
- Dribbling allowed, players must pass to avoid being tapped with ball.
- Tapping the player with the ball is a point, out of bounds/ or run point for the other side, 30 seconds without being tapped is a point.