basketball drills for all skills
This drill is meant to let the players work on speed, condition and a bit of footwork:
Start in corner A;
- The player will run in a row making sure that the fastest man/woman is in front, so that he sets the pace and can take the rest of the group with him.
- From point A the players will run over the blue line to the back line, then they make slides over the back line (the green line) until the bucket line, then they run backwards over the red line to the other back line, slides over the green line forward run over the blue line and again slides over the green line and backwards run over the red line.
- Then slides over the whole back line to point A.
- Every time you pass point A the exercise starts again, determine the number of repetitions according to the condition of the team and build it up as the training progresses.
- After a while you could also hang on to the exercise for example within 40 sec. 1 time. Are you too late? Push-ups, sit-ups etc.
On the picture below:
Blue = run forward
Green = slides
Red = Run backwards
- with the slides, bend the knees, the important thing is that the movement is fast but above all is made good;
- let the players start with a few second intervals, especially when walking backwards they will get in each other's way;
- when running backwards look forward, as if you are looking at the man you are defending;
- that the lines are not cut off.
- 2 attackers on the wing position and 1 defender under the basket
- The attacker with the ball gives a signal the defender chooses either the person with the ball or the other
- If he chooses the person with the ball, the attacker passes the ball to the free person.
- If he chooses the person without the ball, the striker with the ball will go straight to the goal
- Finish with a layup or shot
Two rows on the centerline, 1 player in the corner on the baseline (the compass).
Starting with right layups:
- Ball is at the proposal player in the right row.
- First player in left row runs to the front
- Player with the ball passes the ball to the player in the left row
- Player in left row makes a jump stop
- Player in right row touches sideline at freeworking line and makes a cut to the basket.
- Player with the ball passes at the right time (other player asks for the ball) to another player
- Player right row makes lay-up.
- Player from left row catches the ball and passes to the player in the corner (ball may not hit the ground!).
- Player in the corner passes ball to next player in the row
- Receiver becomes player in the corner
Everyone has a basketball and 1 tennis ball:
- Dribble with the tennis ball (do not use basketball)
- Dribble -> toss the tennis ball and catch it
- Dribble -> drop tennis ball -> take back the tennis ball above your hand in a quick movement.
- Dribble -> throw tennis ball up briefly -> take back the tennis ball with your upper hand in a fast movement.
- Dribble -> drop tennis ball -> crossover dribble -> take back tennis ball above hand in a fast movement
- Dribble -> throw up tennis ball -> crossover dribble -> catch tennis ball before it falls to the ground
- Dribble -> throw up tennis ball against the wall -> catch tennis ball again
- The defense focuses between man and target and pushes the attacker to his weak hand
- Ball - You - Basket : Ready - Point - Stick aimed at the weak hand
- The heel toe position can best be compared to a closed position
- Ready position, "Nose in Chest" on an attacker who has the ball, you have one foot in front, and the hand on the same side.
- Point position, "Digging the Ball" when the attacker starts a dribble.
- One hand on the ball and one hand next to the head to prevent the pass.
- Stick position, "Mirror the Ball" when the attacker stops his dribble and picks up the ball.
everyone a ball, set up in large circle.
Trainer shows exercise, players perform the exercise afterwards:
- Spread, roll the ball in an 8-shape between the legs (then dribble)
- Turn the ball around your waist, head legs (change direction)
- Dribble with left, right, change hands
- Make the whole group dribble evenly (rhythm-exercise, all in time!)
- Dribble between your legs
- Dribble behind your back
- Make a shot movement up (extend arm, reposition, catch)
- Spreading position (move the ball in 8-shape without touching the ground)
- 2 balls (at the same time, alternately)
- Reverse left/right (first forward, then backward)
- Between your legs (walk forward, 1x between your legs)
For the Basketball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Basketball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.