Basketball drills for all skills
- There is a cone 6 metres in front of the declarant.
- The worker walks to the cone, makes an evasive move and walks backwards.
- Throw the ball in front of the worker.
- Immediately play it back, walk to the cone again and swerve in the other direction.
- Most players will catch the ball with one hand and throw it back, using the outside hand.
- The players play the ball behind their backs towards each other.
- As with the pendulum throw, the body is slightly rotated (when thrown with the right, the left shoulder should be closest to the fellow player), keep the distances small in this exercise.
- The players give each other difficult balls.
- Throwing in such a way that one has to make an effort to catch with one hand.
- At knee height, slightly past the body, slightly above the head.
- The ball is caught with the left, passed to the right and thrown with the right.
- The ball will start to spin like a 'figure eight'.
- After 20 times catching with the right, transferring to the left and throwing with the left, the ball will start spinning.
- Opposite players.
- Players throw the ball with one hand and catch with two hands.
- Practise 25 times with the right and 25 times with the left.
- The worker walks at about 5 meters distance to the left and right of the declarer,
- The handler throws with two hands when the worker is at the turning point.
- Make sure the ball is thrown in front of the worker and that the body is turned in before the ball is caught.
- The turning point can be marked, with experienced players this is not necessary.
- Experienced players should keep running until the ball is thrown, the declarer has the task of estimating distances.
- One player is the worker and one player is the declarator.
- The worker comes running from about 10 meter towards the declarer, the ball is thrown with two hands.
- The worker stops, catches the ball with two hands, throws it back with two hands and walks back to starting position.
- Perform the exercise ten times and then change tasks.
- The players throw the ball alternately high, low, with a bounce or at chest height.
- Have the players stand a little closer together and throw up with a bounce.