Basketball drills for all skills
- Make two teams and provide two thick mats.
- The goal is to push the thick mat with your team to the other side.
- After each push you have to return to the starting line.
- So the smartest thing to do is to make a run for it with your whole team and push against the mat at the same time.
- Make two teams.
- The goal is to get the ball to the other side of the line.
- You do this by standing in plank position and then pushing the ball to the other person who is standing further down in plank position.
- Then you run to the front and stand in a holding position and wait for the ball to come.
- The team that gets to the other side first wins.
This drill will help develop proper passing and shooting techniques. This drill also emphasizes communication between teammates
- Divide the team into four squads. One team on each block and one team on each elbow. Give each team one ball.
- The first person in each line shoots and follows his shot, passing it back to the next person in his line.
- After rebounding the ball, the shooter returns the ball to the line they were in and rotates clockwise to the end of the next spot. Rotations are shown in the diagram.
- All four lines work as a team and keep track of the total number of shots scored.
- Emphasize to the players that communication is very important in this drill.
- Players must make game-winning passes and their shots must also be taken at game level.
- The time limit of this exercise can be changed from five minutes to whatever you like or number of shots scored
- Also the spots on the court where the players shoot from can be varied
- Players start at the bottom of the baseline.
- The red cones are sprint.
- The green cones are step-slide.
- Then we either take the ball on the right side of the court or the left side.
- We start with the ball on the right side anyway.
- Do a lay-up, then lay the ball down on the left side of the court and sprint to the end line,
- and then start again,
- now laying down on the left side of the court, taking the ball there
- and then do a shot on the left side of the court,
- rebound and
- put the ball on the right side of the court
- and do the round again with the right side
- and then lay up there again.
- This exercise we repeat first round 3x, 15'' rest, 5x 30'' rest, 7x 45'' rest, 5x 30'' rest and finish again with 3x
End of exercise.
We keep on walking and don't walk. Rest period is provided between drills.
- One person shoots free throws.
- Two other players stand behind the one who throws the free throw.
- According to the rules of the game
- Once the ball is gone the three players go for the rebound.
- If the person who made the free throw has the ball, he can make another free throw.
- If he doesn't have the ball, the 2 other players go to the other side of the court to attack, 2 against 1.
- If attacker is pressured by defender then go to free man, otherwise keep going until lay-up.
- The next three players get ready to execute the exercise.
- dribble over and over again right hand
- dribble over and left hand again
- low dribble over and right again
- low dribble over and to the left
- high dribble over and right again
- high dribble over and left again
- protection dribble with a hand change every 2 or 3 dribbles (2 times over and over)
- quick dribble over and over again with crossover at the free throw centre and free throw line.
- Players stand ready at the halfway line. The first one has a ball (then 2 without the ball).
- X1 makes lay-up
- X2 takes rebound and passes in (after scoring!)
- X3 runs around the pot and starts defending
- X1 and X2 attack to the other ring
- variation: with 5
- X1 makes lay-up
- X2 takes rebound and gives in (after score!) to X3
- X3 dribbles over, X1 and X2 fill in the outer lines.
- X4 walks around the basket near the baseline and defends.
- X4 runs around the ball at the halfway line (other side) and defends.
- 2 numbers a few meters apart
- x number of chesst pass
- x number of bounce passes
- x number of overhead pass
- x number of bounce pass out
- x number of baseball pass
- Add if necessary
- pass from the dribble