basketball drills for all skills
- Be able to dribble and stop in 1 time when receiving a pass
- 1 time stop (jump stop), jump shot with attention to technique of the shot and finish against the board
- 1 passer in position 2,
- players dribble zigzag up to midline and then dribble to 1 position
- pass to 2
- cutting inside until next to the ring,
- Receive the pass of 2
- jump stop and finish with jumpshot.
- Changing = finisher becomes passer, passer takes rebound and connects to baseline. Next player departs when predecessor has finished.
- correct stop in 1 time,
- finish via shot from shooting-pocket to the board
- Full field.
- Divide the pilons over the square in 5 equal parts.
- Players all start on one line.
- Coach names the pilons from 1 to 5.
- Players stand or sit ready on 1 line and run on command to the line the coach appoints.
- This can be done on foot, with slides or dribble.
- On the designated line the player has to stand still, sit or lie down flat on the belly.
- When dribbling, the ball must be held in place.
- Attention should be paid to shielding the ball when standing still.
The game is played with at least 4 players
- 1 mouse that has a t-shirt or piece of fabric in the back of its pants
- 1 dog that has a tennis ball
- 2 cats without attribute
- the mouse walks around with the dog,
- The cats try to take the mouse's tail and bring it to their cone
- but the dog can touch the cat with the tennis ball and he will give the cat a punishment of his choice in the camp.
- with more players a group can be made and play with 2 games together
- Set up players:
- 1 with ball on the head (pos 1/white),
- 1 in position 2 or 3 (blue),
- The rest on 4 or 5 (same side as the forward, red).
- A defender or pilon somewhere around the free throw line or closer to 1 (is the defender of 1)
- White passes to blue and immediately makes a cutting movement.
- Feint to the left and cut across the defender
- Blue passes the ball to white in its movement and takes position 1.
- First of red fills in the position of blue.
- White scores with the ball and the ball goes back to the new player in position 1.
- White follows red and becomes the last player in the red row.
- The exercise starts again.
- All players shoot from multiple positions.
- Can be a game with players at other basket.
- For example: 10 points from each position.
- Scoring of the position under the board also using the board.
- Catch your own ball or give a good pass to the next in line.
- Make sure you are ready to score as a shooter.
- Use only 1 ball per basket
Players must be able to perform a layout from a bounce pass
Learn how to create forward scoring opportunities for yourself
4 players / quarter field, other players wait in center circle. Move over: offence becomes defence, defence goes out + new offence
The helpline is out: you can play with two groups of four on a basket and force the players not to use the space where the help is in the game.
(first perform the exercise several times without defense)
- guard dribbles up from the center circle
- at the same time, 2 makes a V-cut
- if 2 gets free, pass and 1 v 1
- if defender overshoots 4, then continue the V-cut to at least a meter
- above the three-point line and sprint backwards for the backdoor pass
- and play 1 v 1
- All score out of:
- 1 v 1 from the wing
- If you don't manage to pass to 2, 2 will sprint to the centre circle and get the pass of 1.
- The cycle then starts again from the front, but now with 1 at the forward position.
- if you can see your defender's shoulder in the pass line at the V-cut, then there is overplay.
- and you have to take the defender up to at least a metre above the three-point line towards the sideline
- sprint at full speed as you go backdoor
- the backdoor pass is mostly one-handed, from the dribble with a flat bounce
- Two rows on the side at the height of the center line.
- Ball is on one side, attacker decides when he leaves and runs to the middle line, which he must cross all the way.
- The defender also departs but only has to touch the centre circle.
- Aim of the exercise is to come in front of the attacker as a defender.
- When a goal is made, 3 push-ups for the defender, a miss is 3 push-ups for the attacker.
Start with 1 ball, later on you can use two balls.
- 4 rows in 4 corners
- 1 ball in opposite corner
- pass to the man on the right, run straight ahead
- pass to the running man, and run straight ahead
- running man passes straight ahead, connecting behind the second row.
- Call out the name of the person you're passing to.
- after 5 minutes, switch sides and pass left
- With 3 men on the back line and the middle one has a ball.
- The middle one passes to a man and chases the ball.
- The receiver keeps the ball behind him and the one who passed first takes the ball and passes on.
- The person who has the ball behind his back runs behind the ball, picks it up at the receiver and passes on to the other side.
- They do this while running to the basket on the other side.
- If someone is close enough to the basket, the man plays a lay-up.
- Make variations on the passing lines
- Consider the pilons as the defense (players can also be used for this).
- Player 1 (white runs) towards player blue.
- Halfway through the run, player blue runs behind his defender and asks for the ball.
- Player white passes to blue.
- As soon as player blue catches the ball, player red sprints away behind his defender.
- As soon as player red catches the ball player 2 sprints away from white behind his defender.
- The makes the circle go round. This is an active exercise in which timing, passing and catching are a crucial part.
- Because everyone is busy, this is also conditionally a good drill.
- With younger players the distance between pilons is shorter.
For the trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.