Basketball drills for all skills
Line up at the free throw line and try to out-maneuver each other
- Dribbling with two balls
- including three progressions
- and one regression
players on the dribble can defend Â- and can make a pass the length of the field
to practice defending the backfield in the arrowpress Â- to anticipate the pass and always make sure you are in a position to intercept it
- 4 takes the ball and then does not take part in the game anymore, but counts down the seconds
- defender 5 applies maximum pressure on the dribbler
- the defenders can defend all over the field
- attacker 1 may only act on the defensive half Â- attackers 2 and 3 only on the offensive half
- after a stop or score, defender 5 takes the ball back for the next round
- if the attackers score within 10 seconds they have a point Â- if not, it is a point for the defenders Â- the attacker calls if there is a foul on him. Point for the attack.
- play 5 times in a row with the same defenders
- 3 new attackers each time.
- If the defenders make less than 2 stops, they must run.
- when there are 2 or more stops, all attackers must run.
defend the dribbler on your feet - he may not pass you under any circumstances Â- arms wide to make a pass difficult Â- defender 6 must anticipate the long pass to intercept it Â- must position himself so that he can see the ball AND both other attackers as much as possible (split vision) Â- always adjust his position on the field to intercept the most likely pass Â- if he has not been able to intercept the long pass, Â- He must NOT allow a lay up Â- Defender 5 must then sprint full speed towards the free attacker on the weak side.
In the beginning, you may have to limit the space for attackers 2 and 3. Use existing lines on the floor, or place pawns on the sidelines on the attacking half.
- The player gets the ball thrown to you
- Do a crossover and shoot the ball at the first position
- Do the same at the second position
- And so on
Players gather on the right or left side of the center line.
The first two have a ball.
There are two catchers under the basket.
From the center line you dribble to the basket and make a lay-up.
The catcher catches the ball and passes it to the next player in line.
You do this until you have scored 15 times and then you change sides.
With 3 men on the back line and the middle one has the ball
- The middle passes to a man and runs after the ball
- The man in the middle passes to the man on the other side, who also runs after the ball.
- They do this while running to the basket on the other side.
- When someone is close enough to the basket, the man runs a lay-up.
- He becomes the defender and the other two attackers must try to reach each other with a long ball.
- The goal of the defender is to prevent the attackers from scoring.
- If the attackers do not manage to score, they must do 5 push-ups.
- All children have a ball and a pawn
- Four benches are lined up one behind the other
- All children dribble and walk over the bench while carrying the pellet.
Variation: they now put the pylon on their head while dribbling. They walk next to the bench and dribble on the bench. You can make it more difficult by putting the pellet on the head and walking on the bench while dribbling on the ground.
This exercise is good because they have to dribble by feeling and cannot look at the ball, because then the pellet will fall.
- One person shoots free throws.
- Two other players stand behind the one who shoots the free throws. (According to the rules of the game)
- Once the ball is gone, the three players go for the rebound.
- If the person who threw the free throw has the ball, he can take another free throw.
- If he does not have the rebound, the three players are replaced by the next three.
3 attackers have a ball + 1 defender lined up as in the picture on the right.
The defender starts tipping in the middle of the bucket.
The coach calls out the name of one of the attackers (or a number).
When the name is called, the defender sprints to the right attacker and follows one of three commands:
X1 dribbles via the baseline 2 to 3 dribbles. The defender takes a charge here.
X2 makes a shot fake, the defender makes a close out. Later expand to fake + dribble.
X3 dribbles from the baseline to the basket. The defender has to close out the baseline here.