Basketball drills for all skills
Two rows on the centerline, 1 player in the corner on the baseline (the compass).
Starting with right layups:
- Ball is at the proposal player in the right row.
- First player in left row runs to the front
- Player with the ball passes the ball to the player in the left row
- Player in left row makes a jump stop
- Player in right row touches sideline at freeworking line and makes a cut to the basket.
- Player with the ball passes at the right time (other player asks for the ball) to another player
- Player right row makes lay-up.
- Player from left row catches the ball and passes to the player in the corner (ball may not hit the ground!).
- Player in the corner passes ball to next player in the row
- Receiver becomes player in the corner
Everyone has a basketball and 1 tennis ball:
- Dribble with the tennis ball (do not use basketball)
- Dribble -> toss the tennis ball and catch it
- Dribble -> drop tennis ball -> take back the tennis ball above your hand in a quick movement.
- Dribble -> throw tennis ball up briefly -> take back the tennis ball with your upper hand in a fast movement.
- Dribble -> drop tennis ball -> crossover dribble -> take back tennis ball above hand in a fast movement
- Dribble -> throw up tennis ball -> crossover dribble -> catch tennis ball before it falls to the ground
- Dribble -> throw up tennis ball against the wall -> catch tennis ball again
Without ball (3x)
- Sprint & close-out
- Back jogging
- The defense focuses between man and target and pushes the attacker to his weak hand
- Ball - You - Basket : Ready - Point - Stick aimed at the weak hand
- The heel toe position can best be compared to a closed position
- Ready position, "Nose in Chest" on an attacker who has the ball, you have one foot in front, and the hand on the same side.
- Point position, "Digging the Ball" when the attacker starts a dribble.
- One hand on the ball and one hand next to the head to prevent the pass.
- Stick position, "Mirror the Ball" when the attacker stops his dribble and picks up the ball.
everyone a ball, set up in large circle.
Trainer shows exercise, players perform the exercise afterwards:
- Spread, roll the ball in an 8-shape between the legs (then dribble)
- Turn the ball around your waist, head legs (change direction)
- Dribble with left, right, change hands
- Make the whole group dribble evenly (rhythm-exercise, all in time!)
- Dribble between your legs
- Dribble behind your back
- Make a shot movement up (extend arm, reposition, catch)
- Spreading position (move the ball in 8-shape without touching the ground)
- 2 balls (at the same time, alternately)
- Reverse left/right (first forward, then backward)
- Between your legs (walk forward, 1x between your legs)
- Practicing lay-up and lay back, both right and left
- Run along 1 side with ball to goal
- follow the other side, rebound
- Connect to another row after execution
- layup right
- lay-back right
- layup links
- lay-back links
- B passes the ball to C
- B runs until cone receives the ball
- B scores layout
- B connects to row C
- C passes the ball back to row B
- C is going to take the rebound from B
- C goes to row A
- A passes the ball to B
- A connects to row B
- A runs to middle and close out
- B step slide to angle to base line
- C runs to middle
- D step slide to other sideline
- Take E ball and dribble until cone
- F finishing with lay up
- G escape dribble
- H walk ball above head and put it in the basket
- I runs to end line
- A Jumping with 2 legs through the hoops
- B sprint to the cone and close out
- C look over shoulder and walk back to center line
- D back paddle to half cikel in the bucket
- E,close out free throw lin
F step slide to sideline,