Basketball drills for all skills
- Two rows at the three-point line, extended freethrow line.
- 1 row with ball(s). Player row 1 makes quick cut through the bucket.
- Pass row 2 to player row 1.
- Jump stop just past the ring.
- About 1m of basket. Fakeshot.
- Pivoting and reverse lay-up.
- Turn pivot foot around defender. (Keep the defender in the back). 1 shot attempt.
- On 2 baskets at the same time depending on the number of players.
- 1 row of players stands in the corner at the 3-point line without ball. (A)
- 1 row of players stands 1 meter outside the bucket and 1 meter below the free throwing line with ball. (B)
- A runs to edge of the bucket on baseline and blocks (fictional). (2 pilons)
- Cuts to head of the bucket, turns in with right foot, gets pass from B. B follows the pass.
- Defense. A takes shot/ lay-up...
- B moves to row A. Player A catches his own ball and connects in row B.
- Left and right, basic drill for pick & roll offense.
- Can be played with 2 baskets.
- Team with 3 balls in a row on the freethrow line.
- First one shoots,
- second one shoots,
- If the previous player misses, the next player can shoot him out of the game.
- If you miss your shot, quickly finish under the basket.
- If the player behind it scores, the next player is out.
- Until one remains.
- With 3 balls, faster, more effective than with 2.
- 2 baskets, minimum 5 players per basket needed.
- 1 player left sideline (A) extended free throw line. 1 right (B) same but with ball.
- 1/2 (C) players under the basket. 1 player C sets up on free throw line. Helpside defense stands.
- This player defends striker coming in from left (A) to get ball from passer (B) right.
- Stealing ball, 1 v 1. Attacker scores, back to A. If they do not score, back to B.
- B joins C after passing.
- Two men around the bucket for defense
- Three attackers:
- Attacker 1 passes the ball to attacker 2
- All three attackers pass the ball around until one sees a gap and can get into the bucket
- He adjusts the ball and tries to score
- Up to 5 points, then switch roles and the attacker who has scored least stays in the attack.
- The players divide themselves over 2 or 3 lines (depending on the number of players), 1 rebounder is under the ring,
- 1 ball per line.
- The first player takes the shot -> rebounder takes the ball (without colliding on the ground) and passes to the person standing in the line of the shooter.
- The person who has taken the shot prepares for the rebound of the next shooter.
- Place the ball at a pilon on 1/3 of the square
- At the start signal you run to the pilon, grab the ball and dribble on.
- You have to dribble or stand still within 2 steps.
- Dribble to the next basket, score and catch the ball
- Stopping two feet together, pivoting, lay-up and jumpshot must be known
- When passing, jump towards the ball with feet coming down correctly to start the next movement. (pivoting, start dribble)
1. Coach gives passes from position 1, alternating left and right from under the basket. Give passes where jump-to-the-ball applies.
2. Player starts under the basket (2 groups of 5 to 6 players, of which two/group have a ball) ==> fast; explosive exercise.
3. Run to cone under the basket and quickly pushes himself away towards the cone at spot 2 or 3.
4. Makes movement from the cone to the ball to get the pass and perform a jump-to-the-ball.
5. After getting the ball pivot and attack towards the basket (first lay-up, then shot)
6. After finishing, change sides and pass the ball
- Rapid explosive movement when running free
- correct ball acceptance (show hands) and foot placement
- pivoting and fast attacks without running errors
- Three rows.
- Shoot and join at the back of the next row.
- Hurry up, watch where you're going.
- Everybody catch a ball, catch your own ball and join the back of the next row.
- Up to the twenty or thirty.
- Until everyone has scored ten times.