Basketball drills for all skills
- Centers + Guards + Forwards
- Starting from U14
- 6 or more players
- 1 ball
- two baskets
- Mastering the basics of a break
- break training in a competitive situation
- 2 teams with different shirt colors
- the players all run around the circle
- as soon as the coach shoots they're gonna rebound
- the team that captures the ball runs a break on the other side (no shot within 5 seconds = push up + take out other team on the back line)
- after score or defensive rebound the other team runs a break back
- outlet position and pass
- flyer on the other side at full speed away
- execute at top speed
- After score, take in position immediately with overhead pass
- two teams arranged alternately in 2 rows
- the players tip the ball to each other via the board (jumping and tipping like a tip in)
- and connect to the back of the other row
- at the signal of the coach, the team that is currently picking up the ball runs a break
- on the other basket
- the other team defends
- (with an odd number, the largest team always attacks and there is automatically an excess situation)
- Two rows at the centerline
- The first two have a ball - Right
- From the center line you dribble to the basket:
- Layup (15x hit in a row, a player under the basket catches the ball and counts, play again if the player didn't count)
- Shots from bucket (7 in a row)
- The player under the basket starts when the dribbler starts.
- Coach goes further and further back.
- players start at the level of the middle line, 3 rows
- middle player has the ball
- 4 groups of players in each corner of the field.
- 4 cones in the center circle
- 2 balls on each sideline
- player sprints to the cone
- defence slide to sideline
- running backwards (looking over shoulder to ring)
- then the next player starts.
- In a next step, after the defence slides, the player picks up the ball and finishes with lay-up.
- Take rebound and pass to next in line.
- player then dribbles to the cone and outside.
- Put the ball down there and then sprint back to baseline.
- Then the exercise starts again.
- Player blue passes to red and sprints to red for a close-out.
- Player red tries to get into the "paint" to score.
- Player blue is going to try to prevent this.
- Either blue can steal the ball
- point for blue
- Either red can score
- point for red
- After a possible goal is score, red takes rebound, passes to the next in line.
- Blue goes to the position of red.
The exercise now starts again with the next players.
- Player A takes a shot at goal and player B catches.
- Player B takes a shot at goal and player A catches.
- For 1 minute and goals scored is the number of total points.
- Player is explained shooting technique.
- Practicing over distance on the field.
- Pay attention to technique and the curve of the ball. After 10 practice throws in the field, the first player slides into the ring.
- 1 Player stands in the first hoop and shoots. If it's in, it's 1 point, player moves to the second hoop and shoots , 2 points if it's scored.
- If it's not scored, then move to 1 hoop closer. If it's scored, move to the 3rd hoop.
- If you score the 3rd hoop, you get 3 points and you may stay and shoot again.
- Max score is: 1-2-3-3-3-3-3-3=27 points.
- Under the basket is a teammate who rebounds and passes the ball back to the shooter.
- After 10 attempts, shooter and rebounder change positions. 10 attempts again
- Remember your score.
- After one session (10 throws each) these players go to the field to practice and move up the line.
- When everyone has finished, compare scores.
- Points of attention: shooting technique, rebound action, (shooter ask for the ball) and passing technique.
- Players in a row on the free throw line or for U10 and U12 a bit closer to the basket (put down pilons).
- First two players have a ball.
- Player 1 tries to shoot.
- When the ball is thrown, player 2 may also shoot.
- If the player misses, go for the rebound as fast as possible, try to score from the area where the rebound is picked up (if it is behind the baseline, dribble in a bit).
- If player 2 scores before player 1, player 1 is finished and is not allowed to play again.
- After a goal is scored, pass as soon as possible to player 3 plays so that he can 'kill' his predecessor.
- Connect yourself at the back of the row.
- Play on until there is 1 player left.
- Note that the player who has to be played has to get out at the right side to be able to play. And that the scorer rebounds the ball as fast as possible and plays it back with a good tight pass.
- A line with the ball on the head of the bucket.
- A row behind the freethrow line on the right.
- Player on the head passes the ball to the forward on the side.
- The forward makes a strong drive to the basket.
- The player on the head goes for the rebound.