Basketball drills for all skills
This exercise is intended to teach the basics of HELP defense
- Explain weak side/strong side.
- Explain 3 positions: man with ball, strong side, weak side.
- Make pairs: 1 attacker, 1 defender.
- Stand in attack.
- Put defenders down.
- Practice dry passing only static.
- Send to the baseline!
- Swap out the help:
- By calling
- Per 5 on 1 side.
- If not with 10.
- Omit 1 pass.
- You stay on the same side.
- Pass the ball to the other row.
- Everyone takes a position on the field!
- You are going to focus on:
- Defending between the man and the basket.
- Free running. ( in-out)
- Always pass.
- Everyone has a ball.
- Everyone starts dribbling in a certain box.
- If your ball is tapped away, you have to fetch it and score on the other basket.
- When you have scored, you may return to the box.
- You make 2 teams divided over 2 baskets.
- The first to reach the proposed number of scores wins.
- The losing team does a half-killer.
- Parties with different assignments/restrictions.
- Please note:
- Walk freely.
- Do not dribble blindly.
- Pass well.
- 3x3 without dribbling. (1 basket)
- First 10 passes.
- Both teams on the back line. (on stomach)
- Trainer puts ball in play via shot or bounce. (Quick positioning, who will attack?).
- Just play to the 10 (end game).
- 4 Players on the baseline.
- Player B has ball and dribbles to the cone.
- B passes to player C.
- B and C go to goal.
- Player A and D sprint around the cone and start defending.
- Two or three teams. (teams)
- Per pair or trio 1 ball.
- 1 shooter, 1 (or 2) rebounder(s).
- Shooter shoots (from free throw line, or lower position), then sprints to centre line.
- Rebounder catches ball, passes ball to shooter. (Good jump stop, correct distance, call for ball).
- Shooter 5 scores in total, then new shooter.
- Team of which first all shooters have scored 5 times, wins!
- 2 teams.
- Behind the baseline each team has 6 pots.
- If you score, you may add one of the other teams' pots to your own.
- First team with 9 pots behind its baseline wins.
- Left lay up.
- Left jump stop - cross over.
- Left lay back.
- Free throws.