Basketball drills for all skills
Assume the correct position after intake, rebound or score
- 2 numbers a few meters apart
- x number of chesst pass
- x number of bounce passes
- x number of overhead pass
- x number of bounce pass out
- x number of baseball pass
- Add if necessary
- pass from the dribble
- to know the defensive position
- coach gives pass to spot 1 (only attack after 4 passes/4 swings)
- attacker on spot 2 and 3
- in/out move
- first part of the exercise 1vs1; second part 2vs2
- shuffle through: offense becomes defense, defense connects and joins in as offense afterwards (stay on same side)
- To teach the correct defensive position (denial + help defense)
- Quickly change position when the ball changes sides, read defence as attacker (backdoor)
- In/out to the bucket, when defending short, get out to 1m outside 3pt line and use backdoor option, jump to the ball.
- Bit of game insight at fill the spot, be able to apply defensive stance (denail - helpside)
- Offence: quickly see where there is an empty spot and cut through after a pass, defence: adjust stance depending on how the ball moves
- Four players (U10) on a spot with defence, empty spot under the ring.
- Offence: Pass the ball around and make a quick cutting move towards the empty spot below the ring, other attackers move up and the empty spot is filled in by the cutting attacker.
- Defence: adjust position according to the ball. (hands on the ball, denail, weakside help on the line ring-ring)
- Five passes (calmly), then 4vs4
- Passing on: offence becomes defence, defence steps out and then becomes offence.
- Offence: good pass - in/out to deep bucket and high exit - jump-to-the-ball - placement of feet - attention to running faults
- Defence: anticipate the ball - check correct posture per spot before passing.
- Player sprints from the corner baseline to the first post.
- At the first post a drop step and slides towards the second post.
- From the second post, backward defensive footwork to the third post.
- At the third pole a dropstep followed by slides to the fourth pole.
- You do this until you are back at the starting point.
- One row on the baseline/corner and one row in the center circle with ball.
- Pass to the corner and then run to the same corner and get the ball back at the post.
- Then there are a number of possibilities such as open-step or crossover and 1 vs 0 to the basket.
- Adjuster takes care of the rebound.
Everyone a ball
- Outward zig/zag dribble around pawns and finish with lay-up
- Back various assignments (Crabwalk, backwards dribble, between the legs) and also finish with lay-up
- start quietly as a warming-up, then faster and faster
- Coach lining up at the return to give various assignments.
- Everyone has a ball.
- One person is the catcher and stands on the center line, the rest stands on the free throw line and tries to reach the other free throw line without being caught.
- All normal rules apply such as run and second dribble.
- If you are tagged, you also become tagged.
- There is one scapegoat without the ball and two players without the ball.
- The ball is thrown over in a good position, who has the ball can be tapped without the ball.
- The ball may be held for a maximum of ten seconds.
- If the ticker has intercepted a ball, then that ball goes out of the game.
- Are you tapped you go to the side when no 2 comes on the side does no 1 again.