Basketball drills for all skills
- Two players with one ball.
- Both players have the ball in their hands and start pulling hard to get the ball loose from the other.
- Best of 3 loser 5 push-ups.
- Two lines,
- one a meter behind mid-court,
- other behind circle on defense side.
- Two balls in middle
- Two hard dribbles, jump stop, pass for layup.
- 4 things you can do after passing:
- Screen away.
- Cut to the basket (example: give and go, or back-cut). Back cut if the defender is denying the pass.
- V-cut and pop back outside for the return pass and outside shot.
- Rules without the ball:
- If you have an under-play (defender sagging off), pop out to spread the defense.
- If you have an overplay (being denied), backcut.
- Someone dribbling at you, backcut (except for the weave plays).
- Fill the open spot when a teammate cuts inside.
- When someone dribble-penetrates, relocate.
- Screen away, and pop out.
- The most important rule is to keep moving.
3 players, 2 balls
- 2 shoot, 1 goes out, rebound, and pass
- Same, but now go to your strength, and shoot
- Same but now go to your cross
- Call names, call for ball => don't pass if they don't call your name
- Be ready! Tripple threat
- Step into the shot
- Game speed, over exagerate
- Everyone a ball, line up in a large circle.
- Trainer shows the exercise, players follow:
- Spread out, rolling the ball in an 8-shape between the legs
- Roll the ball around your waist, head legs (change direction)
- Dribble with left, right, change hands.
- Dribble with the whole group (rhythm exercise, all in rhythm!)
- Dribble between your legs
- Dribble behind your back
- Shot movement upwards (extend arm, point, catch)
- Spreading stance (move the ball in an 8-shape without touching the ground)
- Ball above your head, passing with fingertips from left to right
- Players stand in a circle (max 5) and in the middle 1 pylon with a small circle around it.
- One defender who is not allowed to enter the small circle and has to defend the pylon
- The players around must play together to hit the pylon
- Pairs face each other.
- Ball between them.
- Players stand with their hands behind their backs.
- As soon as BAL is called they try to grab the ball as fast as possible.
- Who catches it first, wins.
- In the field there are all sorts of obstacles, such as mats, hoops and cones.
- The trainer walks in front along these obstacles, the children follow him.
- The children walk in pairs along the obstacles.
- They walk backwards.
- They walk with sideways steps.
- The children walk in pairs through the room.
- One child tries to follow the other.
- The child in front has to change pace suddenly.
- The child in front has to change direction sharply.
- Groups of four or five children.
- Groups of four or five children and on signal the back one sprints to the front and then indicates the track.