basketball drills for Attack / offense
- Two rows at the three-point line, extended freethrow line.
- 1 row with ball(s). Player row 1 makes quick cut through the bucket.
- Pass row 2 to player row 1.
- Jump stop just past the ring.
- About 1m of basket. Fakeshot.
- Pivoting and reverse lay-up.
- Turn pivot foot around defender. (Keep the defender in the back). 1 shot attempt.
- On 2 baskets at the same time depending on the number of players.
- 2 baskets, minimum 5 players per basket needed.
- 1 player left sideline (A) extended free throw line. 1 right (B) same but with ball.
- 1/2 (C) players under the basket. 1 player C sets up on free throw line. Helpside defense stands.
- This player defends striker coming in from left (A) to get ball from passer (B) right.
- Stealing ball, 1 v 1. Attacker scores, back to A. If they do not score, back to B.
- B joins C after passing.
- Two men around the bucket for defense
- Three attackers:
- Attacker 1 passes the ball to attacker 2
- All three attackers pass the ball around until one sees a gap and can get into the bucket
- He adjusts the ball and tries to score
- Up to 5 points, then switch roles and the attacker who has scored least stays in the attack.
- Stopping two feet together, pivoting, lay-up and jumpshot must be known
- When passing, jump towards the ball with feet coming down correctly to start the next movement. (pivoting, start dribble)
1. Coach gives passes from position 1, alternating left and right from under the basket. Give passes where jump-to-the-ball applies.
2. Player starts under the basket (2 groups of 5 to 6 players, of which two/group have a ball) ==> fast; explosive exercise.
3. Run to cone under the basket and quickly pushes himself away towards the cone at spot 2 or 3.
4. Makes movement from the cone to the ball to get the pass and perform a jump-to-the-ball.
5. After getting the ball pivot and attack towards the basket (first lay-up, then shot)
6. After finishing, change sides and pass the ball
- Rapid explosive movement when running free
- correct ball acceptance (show hands) and foot placement
- pivoting and fast attacks without running errors
- A row with ball at the head of the bucket.
- A row behind the free throw line on the right.
- Player on the head passes the ball to the forward on the side.
- The forward makes a strong drive to the triangle (defender), passes the ball out to the forward on weakside.
- The forward makes a strong drive to the basket.
- The player in front and the other forward who has passed go for the rebound.
- Set-up. Two equal lines.
- The first player in each line DOES NOT have a basketball.
- The Activity - begins with the first player in line making a "V-Cut" at the baseline and pops back out to about 12 feet away from the basket and calls for the ball by showing ten fingers to player #2.
- Player #2 passes the ball to player #1.
- Player #1 shoots and gets his own rebound.
- Player #1 then goes to the back of the line giving his ball to #4.
- Since player#2 gave his ball to player #1, he now makes a V-cut to the baseline and the activity repeats itself.
- Coaching Points- Catch and square up to the basket.
- Two lines facing the basket.
- One line is the Layup line, the other line is the rebounding line.
- First two players in the playup line have a basketball.
- The drill - First player in line with a ball dribbles the ball to shoot a lay-up.
- Shooter joins rebounding line.
- Rebounder joins shooting line.
- Coaching point- Aim ball and push it in small square on the back board.
- Have players line up on the baseline and assign the players numbers.
- The Drill - the coach rolls or tosses a ball to the center of half court and calls out a number.
- In this case, #4.
- The two players assigned #4 attack the basketball, the player the wins the ball first is on offense and tries to score on the basket by the coach.
- Players are allowed one shot.
- Variations - Call two numbers.
- Row players 3-point line.
- Ball 2nd player etc.
- Defender under the basket.
- First player runs to defender. Quick post-up, receives pass/keep ball high. NO DRIBBLE!
- Passive defense, finish.
- Fake left, finish right.
- Step to left with left foo,than cross step with same foot/pivot and finish right.
- One dribble........
- 5 players.
- 3 Offense.
- 2 Defense. (Well executed)
- Extra defender on passer
- A passes to B.
- B looks for the post up from C. 0,5 sec.
- If not. C moves to opposite site/duncker spot.
- B goes one on one.
- But B cutting is extra option.
- 2 chances.
- If well executed every time.
- Extra defender on A.
- Than it's 3 on 3, where A can be open for the shot when B drives..
For the Basketball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Basketball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.