Basketball drills for attack / offense
- Start under the basket.
- Two players pass back and forth in the run to center line....
- At passage center line in man with ball the attacker and goes full dribble to basket.
- Other player is defender and must get in front of man security and defend.
- Knowing defensive stance / attacking principle of in-out.
- Coach gives pass on spot one (only attack after four passes/four swings)
- Attacker at spot two and three
- In/out move
- First part of the exercise 1vs1; second part 2vs2
- Passing on: offense becomes defense, defense connects and steps in as offense afterwards (stay on same side)
- Teach correct defensive position (denial + help defense)
- Quickly change position when the ball changes sides, read defenses as attackers (backdoor)
- In/out to the bucket, when defending short, get out to 1m outside 3pt line and use backdoor option, jump to the ball as defender
- Some game insight at fill the spot, be able to apply defensive stance (denail - helpside)
- offence: quickly see where there is an empty spot and cut through after a pass, defence: adjust stance according to how the ball is moving
- 4 players (U10) on a spot with defence, empty spot under the ring.
- Offence: pass the ball around and make a quick cutting move towards the empty spot below the ring, other attackers move up and the empty spot is filled in by the cutting attacker.
- Defence: adjust position according to the ball. (hands on the ball, denail, weakside help on the line ring-ring)
- 5 passes (calmly), then 4vs4
- Passing on: offence becomes defence, defence steps out and then becomes offence
- Possibly start with passive defence (hands on back) depending on players' level.
- Offence: good pass - in/out to deep bucket and high stepping out - placement of feet - attention to mistakes.
- Defence: anticipate the ball - check correct posture per spot before passing - jump-to-the-ball
Three teams line up one ball on the back line.
- Coach throws ball against the board (if he scores take it)
- Middle player picks up rebound and chooses an outlet side
- Outlet at speed to head of the bucket on the other side, matching player cuts behind the outlet.
- Fill three lanes, possibly add defenders to make it harder (pick up two players from the center line, or rebound more first)
- From the middle line 1-1.
- Defender has a limited area (pylons) in which he can defend.
- Attacker finishes with free lay-up (must go in or push up).
Start under basket, 2 players pass back and forth in the run to center line...at passage center line in man with ball the attacker and goes full dribble to basket. Other player is defender and has to get in front of the man and defend.
- Players stand in two lines at the height of the free throw line.
- Everyone has a ball except the first person of one of the lines.
- The player without the ball enters the free throw line and receives the pass -> pivot -> crossover/open-step -> lay-up/shot
- The player takes his own rebound and joins the other row.
Assume the correct position after intake, rebound or score
- to know the defensive position
- coach gives pass to spot 1 (only attack after 4 passes/4 swings)
- attacker on spot 2 and 3
- in/out move
- first part of the exercise 1vs1; second part 2vs2
- shuffle through: offense becomes defense, defense connects and joins in as offense afterwards (stay on same side)
- To teach the correct defensive position (denial + help defense)
- Quickly change position when the ball changes sides, read defence as attacker (backdoor)
- In/out to the bucket, when defending short, get out to 1m outside 3pt line and use backdoor option, jump to the ball.