Basketball drills for attack / offense
- Fastbreak, ball over midcourt, defender on midcourt touches circle and joins defence.
- Goal, quick execution fastbreak. (Before 3rd defender joins) 1 try.
- Row A, 3-point line on baseline.
- Row B, with ball mid-bucket. Player throws ball against the board.
- Player A starts running, (the lane), without holding back.
- B picks up rebound and gives long fastbreak pass.
- Goal pass so player B can finish directly with 2-count rhythm.
- Player A makes lay-up and dribbles back via the other side and joins row B.
- Players B after pass to row A.
- One on one till midcourt average speed.
- Goal: Slides defender.
- From 1m over midcourt.
- One on ne to the basket. 1 shot.
- Score by offense, offense stays offense
- First to 4.
- 2 against 2 left and right field.
- Taking turns. (2 baskets, 4x4 players)
- Plus paasser. (coach)
- 2 attackers, 2 defenders.
- Centers/forwards low/high pick, backpick.
- Watch execution picks.
- Look for back-door/back-screen.Roll-off after pick.
- Score 2 point, stay in offense. Rebound, off or def. 1 point.
- First team to 10.
- reaching team-mates who are being defended. in the completion of the fast break.
- Against slow players.
- Against long players.
- Passing to the centre
- Attacker/defender start just right of midcourt next to each other.
- Attacker starts on the right.
- Passer behind (coach if necessary). Lob pass, roll or other.
- free play on 1 or 2 baskets, depending on the number of players.
- PURPOSE: Quick passing, cutting, helpside, ballside, boxing-out.
- First team at 5.
- Loser push-ups 6.
- free play on 1 or 2 baskets,
- depending on the number of players.
- NO dribbles only passing.
players must master the layup at full speed
on a stray ball and be able to finish the next 1 against 1
- the trainer stands in the middle of the bucket and has the ball
- Two players on the elbow are only allowed to look straight ahead.
- trainer passes between the players
- they may only move when they see the ball
- the player who captures the ball scores on the opposite basket
- the other player tries to prevent this
- the coach makes his passes so hard that the players have to sprint to keep the ball in.
- n.b. the defender must not make any mistakes due to the risk of injuries
- speed of action
- do not let the defender distract you
- have players start sitting or lying down
- Put two players next to each other on the elbow, or with their backs against each other. Then play 2 against 2
- machine gun at players' elbows