basketball drills for catching
- Two rows at the centerline
- The first two have a ball - Right
- From the center line you dribble to the basket:
- Layup (15x hit in a row, a player under the basket catches the ball and counts, play again if the player didn't count)
- Shots from bucket (7 in a row)
- The player under the basket starts when the dribbler starts.
- Coach goes further and further back.
- Set-up. Two equal lines.
- The first player in each line DOES NOT have a basketball.
- The Activity - begins with the first player in line making a "V-Cut" at the baseline and pops back out to about 12 feet away from the basket and calls for the ball by showing ten fingers to player #2.
- Player #2 passes the ball to player #1.
- Player #1 shoots and gets his own rebound.
- Player #1 then goes to the back of the line giving his ball to #4.
- Since player#2 gave his ball to player #1, he now makes a V-cut to the baseline and the activity repeats itself.
- Coaching Points- Catch and square up to the basket.
- Four or more players are in a circle
- One or two defenders are in the middle
- The players wil pass to each other and the middle defenders try to catch the ball
- Players in the circle cannot pass to the person directly next to him (because otherwise the ball will not go through the middle)
- If the ball is catched, he will change place with the person who threw the ball
- Repeat ten times
- Any pass is legit
- A) Player with ball starts on baseline.
- One defender (E) weakside of the bucket low offensive end.
- Pass the ball to pos. B,
- pos B passes to pos C.
- Pos C passes back to running (A) player.
- Player passes ball to the corner D.
- D) Corner tries to score/lay-up via the baseline.
- Defender steps in and defends baseline.
- Player A comes in like a trailer and can get the pass if D has not scored yet.
- Rotate every position, A becomes B, has to run back via other side court. E becomes A, B-C, C-D, D-E.
For the Basketball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Basketball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.