Basketball drills for condition
- The entire group is lined up behind a line on the side of the field.
- On signal they walk over to the other side.
- Variation Starting Positions:
- prone or supine,
- sit with the back to the walking direction.
- The group is lined up on the short side of the field in a few relays.
- On a sign, they all walk to the other side at the same time and sit back to back in a random order.
- Which group sits first?
- Varying the starting and finishing poses.
- At the other side touch a line, return and sit in a row again.
- From the group, a scapegoat is appointed.
- The game is played all over the field.
- The group is lined up on one side of the field.
- On sign the children cross the field.
- One of the catchers tries to catch as many children crossing the road as possible.
- The children walk to and fro on a signal.
- Back and forth without waiting for a signal.
- The children are not free on the other side.
- With two tappers.
- With boxes where there is one ticker in each box.
- The children can be tagged in every cell.
- Who has not been tagged on the way out and on the way back?
- Or which group of tickers has managed to tick the most children?
- The group stands on one side behind these hoops.
- When told to do so, the children steal objects from the other side and place them in the hoops on their own side.
- If they are caught by a ticker, they have to put the object back.
- The group is lined up in the four corners of the field.
- A ticker with a party ribbon
- At a signal they cross the field in three directions:
- the short side, the long side or diagonally.
- On their return, they score one, two or three points respectively.
- A ticker operates in the room and forces the ticked children to go back to his corner before he can cross again.
- How many points can you get in an agreed time?
- 5 men start at the center line.
- 1 makes lay up becomes defence
- 2 taps the cone and also defends
- 3 rebounds and throws in
- 4-5 hit baseline and ask to play ball for 3-2
- baseline start.
- 1 man dribble attack
- 1 man footwork defense
- from the halfway line 1-1
Wave for U12:
- Three teams, 1 ball: pass and cross behind the player.
- Do this slowly at first, U12 kids find this a difficult exercise. Focus on passing and running. Start together (half field lengthwise) and build up when it goes well.
- Depending on the size of the group, divide the field.
Variant for when it goes well:
- Finish with score and play 2x1 (the one who scores will defend),
- Pay attention to outlet pass (ask for the ball on the sideline).
For U12 first explain well which lines are used.
Standard killer with line touching, executing with ball and different commands.
- Slowly build up speed as a warming up,
- Possibly let a player determine what the assignments are.
- Do take a rest now and then.
- Left to go, right back
- Left/right (cross)
- Backwards (2 times left, 2 times right)
- Put the ball down (under ball back, pick up ball back and next line)
- With press-ups (2x on the line), jumping, abs ect.