Basketball drills for passing
Full court shooting and running. Condition and shooting
- Four or more players are in a circle
- One or two defenders are in the middle
- The players wil pass to each other and the middle defenders try to catch the ball
- Players in the circle cannot pass to the person directly next to him (because otherwise the ball will not go through the middle)
- If the ball is catched, he will change place with the person who threw the ball
- Repeat ten times
- Any pass is legit
- Row players 3-point line.
- Ball 2nd player etc.
- Defender under the basket.
- First player runs to defender. Quick post-up, receives pass/keep ball high. NO DRIBBLE!
- Passive defense, finish.
- Fake left, finish right.
- Step to left with left foo,than cross step with same foot/pivot and finish right.
- One dribble........
- Shooting drill to move to the free spot against defense.
- See fig.1
- A passes to B down low.
- A, moves to a spot, see fig 1.
- Interchange every time.
- B passes to A.
- A takes the shot.
- B rebounds.
- A returns to starting position and gets pass from B.
- From the top.
- 10 shots,
- than change position.
Parcour passing, moving, finishing
- 5 man weave, 3 idplayers run the weave.
- Pass the ball, go round the outsude player, outside player moves in and becomes midplayer and soforth.
- Last 2 players that touched the ball become defenders.
- Defending 2 players in the court.
- One inbouncer.
- 3 against two full court.
Warm-up position and outlet drill
- A) Player with ball starts on baseline.
- One defender (E) weakside of the bucket low offensive end.
- Pass the ball to pos. B,
- pos B passes to pos C.
- Pos C passes back to running (A) player.
- Player passes ball to the corner D.
- D) Corner tries to score/lay-up via the baseline.
- Defender steps in and defends baseline.
- Player A comes in like a trailer and can get the pass if D has not scored yet.
- Rotate every position, A becomes B, has to run back via other side court. E becomes A, B-C, C-D, D-E.
- Start middle A.
- Passes to the side B.
- B dribbles up along sideline and takes offensive position.
- A becomes defender.
- C and D set screens away from the ball, or backscreen.Defenders E and F allowed to switch and.
- Offence until score or rebound defense.
- (Till 5)Loser push-ups.