Basketball drills for passing
- Coach with ball on the baseline/out off bounce.
- 2 off. players on ft-line.
- Plus 2 defenders.
- Screen/roll get ball.Defenders go to sideline and become offense.
- 2 dribbles, pass to mid-player on midcourt. Players passes it to either side. 3 v 2.
- After score, offenders go to row for f-line start.
- Defenders go to rows midcourt.Boxing-OUT
A) Post 4 is 1 meter outside bucket near baseline with the ball.
B) Player sprints from top 3-pointline to side post A, gets the pass.
C) Post weakside flashes up high on ballside. Gets ball, turnsfor pass (above head)
A) Posts-up before the basket, gets ball and fininshes. Make headfake one side go other side.
After drill,A gives ball to row A and goes to row C.
C goes to row B. B to A.
- Shooting warm-up.
- Matching pairs starting from the back line to the halfway line.
- Minimum of 3 passes.
- When you reach the halfway line, the player on the sideline dribbles to the middle, between the legs, behind the back around the pylon and back to the right.
- Other player runs to a pylon outside the bucket, runs around it and offers himself for the pass.
- Then takes the shot.
- Passer rebounds and passes to other side of court for pairs passing to the other side and lay-up.
- Ball may not touch ground.
- 3 and 7 run to the circle and look to the right to receive ball from 1 and 5.
- 1 and 5 run after ball and then stand in the circle.
- 3 and 7 pass to the man opposite them (i.e. 4 and 8) and chase ball,
- 4 and 8 pass to 1 and 5 in the circle and chase the ball and stand in the circle.
- 1 and 5 pass directly to 6 and 2 and chase the ball.
- 6 and 2 then pass to 4 and 8 in the circle and chase their ball and stand in the circle 4 and 8 pass directly to 3 and 8 who can pass to 6 and 2 in the circle. 6 and 2 pass directly to 1 and 5 and the circle is complete.
- In fact, everyone is chasing his or her pass.
- A. 4-6 player left or right on three-point line.
- B. 4-6 players left or right under the basket with the ball.
- A runs in, receives pass from B. A makes jump stop. B is in position to pass.
- Jump-stop A for B. Pivot/rotate around B and score.
- A. with ball to row B, B to row A. (do not run through exercise, via sideline).
- 1 or 2 baskets depending on number of players.
5 players are ready at the free throw line coach stands at the free throw line
after the shot, the 4 catches the ball (hit or not) and takes it out on the other side of the board.
- 1 crosses by the shooter and gets the ball
- 2 is already running away
- 5 is already walking towards the post
- 3 runs to other wing, and gets pass from 1 with hard dribble to the ring.
After each action 2, 4 and 5 run in for rebound. 4 takes ball out again, 1 runs on line.
- First action is 4 takes ball out, and passes to 1, who dribbles to center and passes to 2 who goes with 1 hard dribble to the ring.
- Next action is pass 4 -> 1 -> 2 -> 5 into post for action under basket
- Next action is pass 4 -> 1 -> 3 -> 1 for shot on top
- Next action is pass 4 -> 1 -> 2 -> 4 in the high post trailer
- Last action is long pass from 4 to 3 for the last minute shot/layup.
- Everyone gives far passes and the other does layup.
- Light running back.
- Ball up pass to bed.
- the down man runs in and passes to the middle man.
- The middle man passes to the first passer
- who runs in for a lay up.
- The players line up behind each other.
- The aim is to pass the ball through your legs to the other player.
- When you have passed the ball, you stand behind each other.
- The goal is to be the first team to reach the other side.