Basketball drills for passing
- players stand at the baseline on 5 lines 1 group in the middle the other 2 groups at the ends of the field the other 2 in between.
- The ball goes from the central player to player 2 who stands to the right of player 1.
- Then player 1 goes behind player 2 and passes player 4.
- While this is happening player 2 passes to player 3, and player 2 runs behind player 3 and past player 5 towards goal.
- Then player 3 passes to player 4 and performs the same overtaking move.
- When this happens, player 3 passes to player 4 and performs the same overtaking move.
- if player 5 is still too far from the goal he passes to player 1 who has to finish
- As soon as this is done the last passer and finisher go back in sprint defence to the other half where they will play 3 against 2.
- From the end of this fastbreak the shotter goes back into defence and the defending players attack.
- After this they can play 1 vs 1 back.
- Get shooter free shot wing.
- 3 rows. Guard 1 with ball.
- 2 and 3 wing.
- Wing 2 sets low screen perimeter bucket. (Later double with center)
- Wing 3 cuts through bucket past screen.
- Set screen so Wing 3 can cut to wing, free shot.
- If defender cheats, touch Wing 2.
- Wing 2 goes up, 3 go's back to orig. position.
- Always roll after screen.
- 1 go's to 2,
- 2 go's to 3.
- 3 go's to 2
- Post up the pivot.
- Feed the pivot. 2 on 2.
- Use all means, backscreen, pick-and-roll. Boxing-out.
- (Needed for 3out-2 in system)
- 1 ball per side. (2 shots allowed when rebounded)
- Score, offense stays offense.
- Post weakside high,
- post ballside low.
- Rest in regular 3 out/2in position.
- Free shot from Wing3,
- Wing 2 or pass to pivot rolling-off.
- Mind cheating defenders.
2 lines shooting drill
- Row A, 3-point line on baseline.
- Row B, with ball mid-bucket. Player throws ball against the board.
- Player A starts running, (the lane), without holding back.
- B picks up rebound and gives long fastbreak pass.
- Goal pass so player B can finish directly with 2-count rhythm.
- Player A makes lay-up and dribbles back via the other side and joins row B.
- Players B after pass to row A.
- 2 against 2 left and right field.
- Taking turns. (2 baskets, 4x4 players)
- Plus paasser. (coach)
- 2 attackers, 2 defenders.
- Centers/forwards low/high pick, backpick.
- Watch execution picks.
- Look for back-door/back-screen.Roll-off after pick.
- Score 2 point, stay in offense. Rebound, off or def. 1 point.
- First team to 10.