Basketball drills for warming-up
- 2 opposite each other, bend their knees in the sitting position and come up and kick forward with the left and right leg alternately.
Two persons face to face in a lying position. They push themselves up and give each other a hand slap (see photo)
- Pairs run from baseline to baseline on the right side of the field,
- meanwhile chest pass back and forth,
- distance between them is approx. 3 metres.
- Return on the left side, but then with bounce-pass.
Line to line
- Right, left, skipping, handball, one-legged handball
- Stay behind the trainer, sprint
- Crossover with hesitation, fake crossover
- Between the legs
- Behind the back
- Combo, e.g. between the legs and behind the back
- Cap steps, sprint
- Cap steps, slides at each line
- 3 lines a few meters apart.
- Each line has a name (apple pear or banana).
- The children start on a line.
- Trainer calls out a fruit and the children must run to that line as fast as they can.
Players gather on the right or left side of the center line.
The first two have a ball.
There are two catchers under the basket.
From the center line you dribble to the basket and make a lay-up.
The catcher catches the ball and passes it to the next player in line.
You do this until you have scored 15 times and then you change sides.
Player 1 has 2 balls and dribbles to the pawn with both balls.
Player 2 cuts from the corner to the wing.
Player 1 makes a 1 hand push pass to player 2 on the wing.
With the other ball player 1 makes a cross over and shoots the ball.
Player 2 makes a jump shot.
- 2 rows on the center line and an outlet.
- Right side starts with ball and runs lay-up and left side catches it as high as possible.
- The catcher passes to the outlet and the outlet to the next man in the right row, etc.
- After a desired number of scores, do the same on the other side.
Row under the basket, 2 in the center circle and two on the out.
- Row passes to Out (and runs straight to the other basket)
- Out passes to center
- Center passes to the inbounds player.