Basketball drills for warming-up
- The group is lined up on the short side of the field in a few relays.
- On a sign, they all walk to the other side at the same time and sit back to back in a random order.
- Which group sits first?
- Varying the starting and finishing poses.
- At the other side touch a line, return and sit in a row again.
- From the group, a scapegoat is appointed.
- The game is played all over the field.
- The group is lined up on one side of the field.
- On sign the children cross the field.
- One of the catchers tries to catch as many children crossing the road as possible.
- The children walk to and fro on a signal.
- Back and forth without waiting for a signal.
- The children are not free on the other side.
- With two tappers.
- With boxes where there is one ticker in each box.
- The children can be tagged in every cell.
- Who has not been tagged on the way out and on the way back?
- Or which group of tickers has managed to tick the most children?
- The group stands on one side behind these hoops.
- When told to do so, the children steal objects from the other side and place them in the hoops on their own side.
- If they are caught by a ticker, they have to put the object back.
All on 1 line (work up to middle line, run up to end line, repeat exercise every time)
- 2 x jogging
- Skipping legs
- Heels against seat
- Straighten back leg, bend front leg (straight ahead)
- Extend the back leg, bend the front leg (sideways)
- Crossing legs
- Swinging arms
- Sprint + step slide back
2 teams, 1 ball.
- Depending on the size of the teams a half field or quarter field.
- Dribbling allowed, players must pass to avoid being tapped with ball.
- Tapping the player with the ball is a point, out of bounds/ or run point for the other side, 30 seconds without being tapped is a point.
Divide group into pairs.
Passing to the other side:
- At the halfway line: player on the inside dribbles to the head of the bucket and passes to the player on the outside who scores with a layup/ shot (variation)
- Player who has passed runs to the other sideline and receives outlet, passes back to the center line and again shot/layup
- Important that they do not run during the pass and that the players change (inside and outside)
Wave for U12:
- Three teams, 1 ball: pass and cross behind the player.
- Do this slowly at first, U12 kids find this a difficult exercise. Focus on passing and running. Start together (half field lengthwise) and build up when it goes well.
- Depending on the size of the group, divide the field.
Variant for when it goes well:
- Finish with score and play 2x1 (the one who scores will defend),
- Pay attention to outlet pass (ask for the ball on the sideline).
For U12 first explain well which lines are used.
Standard killer with line touching, executing with ball and different commands.
- Slowly build up speed as a warming up,
- Possibly let a player determine what the assignments are.
- Do take a rest now and then.
- Left to go, right back
- Left/right (cross)
- Backwards (2 times left, 2 times right)
- Put the ball down (under ball back, pick up ball back and next line)
- With press-ups (2x on the line), jumping, abs ect.
Depending on the size of the group choose an area (bucket for max 6)
- Everyone a ball, dribble and tap the ball away from other players.
- Ball away means pushing into the centre circle and back again.
- If necessary, make it difficult with a second dribble (keep the ball alive!)