Handball drills for all skills
- Make 2 teams. 4 defenders, 6 attackers
- 8 mats in a circle, 4 defenders try to intercept the ball.
- Attackers must move to another mat after every ball contact.
- Free running by stepping on other mats is also allowed!
- Receive ball only on the mat!
- Intercepted ball, then change players.
- Option: chase the ball, free running on another mat is also allowed!
- Point of attention: defensive position, light on the feet, arms in good position.
- (oblique to the body and slightly bent)
- Players jump on 2 legs, different directions.
- 2 teams follow each other.
- Without and with ball between ankles.
- Run on the spot, on signal assume defensive position.
- (arms slightly bent, legs slightly in stride, knees slightly bent).
- Run/walk through the hall and on sign do the same.
- Also with change of direction. (left/right/back and then sign)
- Teams of 2: shuffle hand in hand, change direction when signaled.
- (sign verbally or non verbally by me)
- 2 teams each with 1 ball.
- Next to each other tip forward, on sign of the ball tip harder, slide to ball of the other and continue tipping.
- 2 teams of 4 with 1 ball. A, B and C on 1 line with about 2 meter distance.
- D has the ball, D passes to B, B passes back to D and shoots a straight pass.
- B steps out and A and C move against each other.
- 6 defenders inside the 9 meters. 4 attackers outside.
- Attackers try to get inside the 9.
- Defenders try to prevent this.
Steps in a row and make sure the children always have the ball up during the exercises:
- 1 foot on and in between
- 2 feet on and in between (start with left and right foot)
- 2 feet on and 3 in between
- Sideways 2 feet on and in between
- sideways in the difference (jumping)
- sideways in the difference with turn
Then move the steps so they are in two long rows next to each other.
- Again 2 feet on and off and in the difference.
- Then move the steps around so you can sort of slide through them.
- Make a jump throw, land on 2 feet (zero axis) and move to the next step.
- warm up with ball on one half
- Ball must be tipped / everyone does an exercise.
- e.g. turn straight arm and tip with the left side / turn left arm and tip with the right side / same for example with heel ......
- make 2 teams / 1 ball in the 9m
- 3x replay
- 1st team starts passing the ball 20x but may not pass to the same player
- by dropping the ball or leaving the field of play the count will start again
- are there 20 counts reached both teams sprint to the middle line
- after 3x retrieve there is a winner / winner may determine what loser does
- make several teams of 5, 4 or 3 players / depending on the number of players in the training
- 2 teams start to play against each other
- who scores continues playing, who does not score leaves the field and a new team comes on the field
- give different instructions at the beginning, e.g. always a change must be included, no steuten or 10-second rule double score....
- team of 3 players
- 1 ball
- 2 players play the ball to themselves and try to tap the 3th player
- then change
- in 10 meter space or on 1 half
- Player starts from the corner, moves across the circle and out towards the pawns
- Make 2 rows and then take turns to warm up the goalkeeper, then fetch the ball.