Handball drills for all skills
- Make 5 equal groups, 1 group at each side and 3 in the middle.
- Make sure both sides have several balls.
- Put 2 defenders (red) just inside the 9 meter line.
- B1 plays to B2
- B2 runs to the ball and plays to B3
- B3 plays to B4 and B4 tries to score.
- Meanwhile, B1 has to chase the ball to help the defenders.
- Then repeat from left to right.
- Points of attention:
Swap positions clockwise every 2 minutes, after 10 min everyone will have played every position.
Pass quickly and accurately, and put pressure in the joint (i.e. between 2 defenders, if the defenders get the ball, the exercise stops and you start again from the other side.
- Divide the players into 3 groups.
- Group 1 with ball distributed on one sideline, group 2 facing the players of group 1 on the other sideline and players of group 3 behind the players of group 2.
- Players group 2 do 5 Jumping Jacks, players group 3 do 10 push ups.
- Players of group 1 bowl the ball from the sideline across the field to the player of group 2 opposite them but remain standing themselves.
- The bowling of the ball happens at the moment that the players of group 2 have to do 1 Jumping Jack.
- (The players of group 2 sprint to the other side and try to pick up the ball at the height of the middle of the field, throw the ball to the player of group 1 opposite them, receive the ball back and make 3 passes and tip over to the other side at speed, zero at arrival of the sideline.
- Immediately after throwing the ball players of group 1 sprint to the other sideline where players of group 3 who are busy with the Jumping Jacks after picking up the ball by players of group 2.
- Players group 1 then do 10 push ups after arriving at the sideline....
- Exercise continues as in beginning.
- Variation in exercises after 2 rounds for the groups instead of push ups and Jumping Jacks are planking, frog jump, sitting against the fence and sit ups.
- Goalkeeper, and player on 9 meter line, 2 pawns .
- I play to player , throws back taps pion 1 and catches the ball .
- Throws back again , taps pion 2 catches the ball and turns around and throws at goal .
- Make pairs
- Stand on the back line, one sprints to the middle line and back and the other does an exercise. When the first has finished sprinting it is the other's turn.
- Sit against the wall / planks / squats
- change several times in 1 exercise
- Both start in a corner,
- circle the pawn, whoever gets to the ball first is the attacker
- and tries to score.
- Team of two with ball, sitting opposite each other on the mat
- Person A holds ball above head with both hands and moves to supine position while tapping the ground with ball backwards with outstretched arms
- Person A moves to sitting position and hands the ball to person B
- Person B goes to the supine position and taps the ground with the ball backwards
- and so on
May also be with bended knees
- In prone position throw ball to partner
- Partner rolls the ball back over the ground
1. Make foursomes.
2. One player stands on the sideline.
3. One player will stand in the middle.
4. The other players stand on the other touchline.
5. The player on the side where two are standing plays the ball to the middle player and takes over the position of the middle player.
6. The middle player turns around, plays the ball to the other sideline, runs after the ball and takes over the position.