handball drills for all skills
Each player has his/her own ball. Throw in normally at first.
- Line up three pilons on each build-up.
- Twice around the pilon, and then throw towards the goal.
- finish off with stretch throw or jump throw
Attention: arm high, good leg in front, point towards the ball, work with adequate torso power
Purpose: footwork and throwing.
Attackers have a ball.
- 5 plays to 4 to pass defender 1.
- 4 plays to 5 that passes the defender.
- 3 plays to 2 to pass the defender.
- 4 plays to 3 that passes the defender.
- 2 plays to 1 passing the defender.
- Defender 1 tries to prevent all players from passing him and defends with making contact.
- Each defender twice in a row, i.e. 10 actions in full.
defending the player in possession with contact
- arms bent forward
- blocking the way
- don't let your opponent run in between your arms
- push the attacker outwards
- counterpressure against shoulder that is inwards
- guide movements
- footwork very important, one must be able to keep up with the attacker
- keep contact with floor
- 10 players per goal plus goalkeeper
- One key point at Left attacker or Right attacker one defender at 8/9 metres (defending the throwing side of the left defender/right defender) Two players left defender/right defender, two players middle and two circle players (middle)
- All balls in the middle
- Middle starts in with ball and plays to the right build-up, starting right defender plays ball to right attacker (key point) right defender receives ball from right attacker after an archwise countermovement and plays towards to circle
- can be done with a stretch shot and (bounce).
- Circle player terminates exercise
- Correct timing, fast position switch;
- Short turns;
- Hip-height bounce pass.
- create pairs and divide them on the left and right corners
- each pair has 1 ball
- a pair of them start sliding at the same time from the 6m to the 1st pilon,
- then move out to the pilon at the 9m and move to the third pilon
- then sprint to the centre line at the same time to pass the ball back and forth
- join the line in the other corner
- Variations: On speed and the player without ball becomes defender and tries to conquer the ball
- Make groups of four, including 2 attackers and 2 defenders
- Place a mat he 2 defenders have to defend
- The 2 attackers have a ball that they have to ground on the mat
- Attention attackers: make different passing movements, and play with pace
- Attention Defenders: defend frontal, don't hang on to it, 1 leg in front and one leg behind
- possible expansion: 4 defenders, 4 attackers
- Distribution over the middle build-up, left build-up and right build-up
- Opposite to each striker is 1 defender and a goalkeeper in goal
- Play 3 against 3
- Instruct attacking team to perform passing movements, start without ball, shoot from a distance
- Instruct defending team: tapping the ball, defending frontal
The game is played with at least 4 players
- 1 mouse that has a t-shirt or piece of fabric in the back of its pants
- 1 dog with has a tennis ball
- 2 cats without attribute
- the mouse runs around with the dog,
- The cats try to take the mouse's tail and bring it to their cone
- but the dog can touch the cat with the tennis ball and the dog give the cat an exercise to do in its headquarters.
- with more players a group can be made and 2 games can be played at the same time
For the Handball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Handball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.