Handball drills for all skills
- This switch is between the build-up and the middle.
- They play a 1-2 game with each other.
- This can be used, but it can also just happen by itself.
- the centre puts in the runner, and calls runner + the person in the corner of the side where the change is to take place
- the ball goes round one more time and then the corner where the change is to take place starts running past the defence
- the build-up who got the ball from the corner skips the middle and immediately throws it to the other build-up
- this build-up makes a threat on goal which makes the defence step out and the corner receive the ball behind this man
- circle blocks the middle
- One mat per 2.
- You work in pairs.
- One is working on fitness, the other on strength.
- You do it for 15 minutes.
- The one doing strength is leading, the other is working on the condition until the one doing strength is done you continue with your condition exercise.
- 20-18-16-14 etc.
- person strength has the mat:
- person fitness:
- Back line (jogging back),
- middle line (jogging back),
- 9 meter sprint (jogging back) and
- sprint 6 meters (quietly back).
Attack - Defence
- Play around and threaten towards goal/defender
- 1 of the corner players plays the ball to the other corner player
- the other corner player rounds to the goal or plays to the build-up player
- if not successful, then just keep attacking and playing around
- Both left and right
- 2 teams, equal numbers
- Possibly without a break
- Possibly without bounce
- Possibly mixed teams
Everyone a ball and bounce through 6 meter area. Doing different exercises:
- Bounce the ball through your legs every now and then
- Bounce the ball behind your back
- Try to catch the ball from someone else.
- Bounce on the spot, sit while bouncing, then lie down and then stand up again.
- Bounce with the wrong hand
Variant with the whistle:
- 1 whistle means bouncing with the wrong hand,
- To whistle twice is to pass the ball to someone you see,
- 3 whistles means bouncing the ball quickly to the touchline and back again.
- 2 Builders play the ball to each other at a steady pace, each time making a forward threat.
- The defender performs a correct defensive position.
- Stepping out / running in
- Push sideways / run sideways
- The defenders continuously slide back and forth and provide back cover when attacking on the other side.
Variation: Eventually continue and finish by themselves (one of the trainers can then play the ball)
- Points of attention attack:
- Goal-oriented play.
- Clean passes
- Putting pressure on
- Learn a good feint
- At the end of the training, have the two teams play against each other.
- Coaching them, but letting the game run.
- Pointing out the pressure they have to put on and connecting.
- Make 5 equal groups, 1 group at each side and 3 in the middle.
- Make sure both sides have several balls.
- Put 2 defenders (red) just inside the 9 meter line.
- B1 plays to B2
- B2 runs to the ball and plays to B3
- B3 plays to B4 and B4 tries to score.
- Meanwhile, B1 has to chase the ball to help the defenders.
Then repeat from left to right.
Points of attention:
- Swap positions clockwise every 2 min,
- After 10 minutes everyone has played every position.
- Pass quickly and accurately, if the defenders get the ball, stop the exercise and start again from the other side.