Handball drills for all skills
- 2 groups of players stand behind each other,
- back player lifts leg of player in front of him.
- the player in front of him goes through the knees with the other leg.
Two persons face to face in a lying position. They push themselves up and give each other a hand slap (see photo)
- play takes place across the width of the hall
- place two mats on each side
- divide the group into two teams
- aim is to push the ball onto the opponent's mat
- Variations with loss and gain:
- who scores five points first wins, other team presses/jumps, crosses the field etc.
- when player with ball is trapped so that passing is not possible: team of player who is trapped must do five push-ups etc. (Meant to promote speed in playing around and trapping player with ball)
- 2 defenders, 2 builders, 1 circle runner (possibly pawn)
- builders 3/4 meter apart,
- builders walk 1 with passing, defender steps out, other defender moves on/steps back to circle.
- 2 defenders,
- 1 left/right set-up,
- 1 centre piece to play on
- left side:
- The set-up player and the middle set-up player play around.
- Circelloper stands left of centre behind defender.
- The left midfielder comes in towards the middle,
- circulator locks out,
- center back comes out ,
- circle runner turns
- and receives the ball from the builder and finishes.
- Make 5 equal groups, 1 group at each side and 3 in the middle.
- Make sure both sides have several balls.
- Put 2 defenders (red) just inside the 9 meter line.
- B1 plays to B2
- B2 runs to the ball and plays to B3
- B3 plays to B4 and B4 tries to score.
- Meanwhile, B1 has to chase the ball to help the defenders.
- Then repeat from left to right.
Points of attention:
- Swap positions clockwise every 2 minutes, after 10 min everyone will have played every position.
- Pass quickly and accurately, if the defenders get the ball, stop the exercise and start again from the other side.
- Throwing up in pairs.
- Long piece easy,
- short sprint
- bounce over twice.
- 2 teams, try to push ball on the mat (on short side of the field)
- after a point, opponent takes starting throw on the mat
- defenders are not allowed on the mat
- ball must cross the backline before you can score a point
- sideline is out (ball for opponent)
- do not tip
- 3 lines a few meters apart.
- Each line has a name (apple pear or banana).
- The children start on a line.
- Trainer calls out a fruit and the children must run to that line as fast as they can.