handball drills for all skills
- The children run through the room in pairs.
- One child tries to follow the other.
- The child at the front has to suddenly change tempo.
- The child in front must always change direction sharply.
- Groups of four or five children.
- Groups of four or five children and when the signal is given, the back sprints to the front and then indicates the track.
- Ball is played around
- Right plays the ball to the (left starting) middle
- If necessary, the middle with ball 3 (bounce) can make a pass to the corner
- Left attacker starts around the starting middle and finishes on target
- Left takes over position from middle
- if the starting middle turns towards the starting left attacker, the left attacker can play the ball back if necessary.
- For the physical condition this is a good exercise:
- The group has to stand in a row and you let them start dribbling easily.
- As soon as the trainer blows the whistle, the last one of the row should run forwards.
- You do this until everyone has been last in line and then you let them run a round relaxed
- Mini field / 1 ball
- Divide the group into 2 equal teams (each team starts on the back line of the mini field)
- Try to get the ball behind the opposing team's back line (by playing over/ running free).
- Team that is not in possession of the ball tries to intercept/tap out/possess the ball
- (you can make the exercise more difficult, by using a soft ball (that doesn't bounce) and don't let them run (3 passes))
- Bring the ball to the other side in pairs and score.
- Red brings the ball to the other side and tries to score.
- Start in pairs from the back line.
- At the moment red tries to score a goal, green is allowed to start to score a break-out at the other side as well.
- Red then defends back.
- When green has taken a chance they have to go back to defend the other two red players.
- These of course start when green has taken a goal attempt.
- This exercise can continue in current form because the players keep coming back on their own side.
- You can do this on time (which group has scored the most goals?) or you can set a limit to a number of goals scored.
- Two small playing fields of about 1/8 of a handball court.
- All participants in one of the fields.
- Play the ball over continuously.
- The ball must not touch the ground.
- Participants must keep moving (dribbling).
- "Break" is called at unexpected moments;
- Then, all participants sprint to another field.
- Player with ball throws ball to other field and then sprints to other field.
- Game continues.
- All players divide themselves over the left and right corner (in pairs)
- The trainer shouts and at that moment the players on their own side sprint around the pilon.
- Once around the pilon, one of the two gets the ball and goes towards the goal.
- First, without a defender, then one defender and then two defenders
For the Handball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Handball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.