Handball drills for all skills
- Two teams with 2 or 3 hoops each.
- Attackers try to lay a trap in an enemy hoop.
- Variants, not tipping
- Two rows, left and right one ball.
- Make a threat
- Play the ball
- Tap the goalpost
- Step out to the centre pilon
- Run back to left pilon
- Forward to middle
- Back to right pilon.
- Then join another row at the back.
- Defender in a hoop, while attacker 1 and 2 bounce
- Expand to 2 defenders in a hoop and finally 1 loose defender
- Three kids in a row, one kid in front.
- The front of the row throws to the child in front and connects to the back.
- Each time another child is in front and vary (bounce, jumpshot, 3 steps)
- You can also make a game out of it with another row.
- Divide over left & right with one ball
- Each time you cross over
- Sprinting to the pole
- Connect at the back of the row
- For the physical condition this is a good exercise:
- The group has to stand in a row and you let them start dribbling easily.
- As soon as the trainer blows the whistle, the last one of the row should run forwards.
- You do this until everyone has been last in line and then you let them run a round relaxed
- Mini field / 1 ball
- Divide the group into 2 equal teams (each team starts on the back line of the mini field)
- Try to get the ball behind the opposing team's back line (by playing over/ running free).
- Team that is not in possession of the ball tries to intercept/tap out/possess the ball
- (you can make the exercise more difficult, by using a soft ball (that doesn't bounce) and don't let them run (3 passes))
- All players with ball on the middle line
- Player plays the ball to the trainer and gets it back while running.
- Player shoots the ball on target.
- Bring the ball to the other side in pairs and score.
- Red brings the ball to the other side and tries to score.
- Start in pairs from the back line.
- At the moment red tries to score a goal, green is allowed to start to score a break-out at the other side as well.
- Red then defends back.
- When green has taken a chance they have to go back to defend the other two red players.
- These of course start when green has taken a goal attempt.
- This exercise can continue in current form because the players keep coming back on their own side.
- You can do this on time (which group has scored the most goals?) or you can set a limit to a number of goals scored.