Handball drills for attack / offense
- 2 teams, equal numbers
- Possibly without a break
- Possibly without bounce
- Possibly mixed teams
- 2 Builders play the ball to each other at a steady pace, each time making a forward threat.
- The defender performs a correct defensive position.
- Stepping out / running in
- Push sideways / run sideways
- The defenders continuously slide back and forth and provide back cover when attacking on the other side.
Variation: Eventually continue and finish by themselves (one of the trainers can then play the ball)
- Points of attention attack:
- Goal-oriented play.
- Clean passes
- Putting pressure on
- Learn a good feint
- At the end of the training, have the two teams play against each other.
- Coaching them, but letting the game run.
- Pointing out the pressure they have to put on and connecting.
- Make 5 equal groups, 1 group at each side and 3 in the middle.
- Make sure both sides have several balls.
- Put 2 defenders (red) just inside the 9 meter line.
- B1 plays to B2
- B2 runs to the ball and plays to B3
- B3 plays to B4 and B4 tries to score.
- Meanwhile, B1 has to chase the ball to help the defenders.
Then repeat from left to right.
Points of attention:
- Swap positions clockwise every 2 min,
- After 10 minutes everyone has played every position.
- Pass quickly and accurately, if the defenders get the ball, stop the exercise and start again from the other side.
- 1 defender (V1) with attacker (A1) on the circle
- 1 defender (V2) in front who has to catch the attacking structure (A2)
- Attacking set-up A2 receives ball from the corner (A3) and runs towards V2;
- A1 steps out and stands left of V2 and blocks, A2 passes V2 on the right who is blocked by A1;
- Circle defender V1 has to choose, either follow A1 or pass to A2;
- A2 has to choose, if V1 comes, pass to A1, who then turns away from block position and stands free on the circle;
- or A2 shoots himself if V1 chooses to continue defending A1.
- Mutual play,
- if necessary, stop play and let them look at positions,
- Who stands where and what choice do you make to play the ball to?
- 4 attackers 4 defenders.
- Fanatic defending against the man.
- Attackers have to pass, run free and look out for their opponents.
2 teams from their own 6-metre area bring up the ball.
You meet 1 defender.
- Without bouncing
- 2 defenders on the field.
The attacker squeezes the ball, approaches the defender to about one meter, threatens to shoot on goal by turning in well with the ball behind and making a step forward with the left leg, steps away to the right with the right leg to get next to the defender, places left leg towards goal, makes a jump throw and shoots on goal (see pictures). The less skilful pupil can make a bounce after the shot threat and then make a 1-2-3 pass and finish on goal.
The zero pass in handball is a jump where one leg is dropped and a player lands on two adjacent feet
. The zero pass, as the word says, does not count as a pass. A player may then make three more passes. When making a zero-pass, the player lands one metre from the defender, thrusts the body to the left, makes a step with the right leg to the right and then steps with the left leg past the defender towards the goal. After this, the player makes a jump shot and shoots at goal. With the zero axis it is important that the student lands on the front feet and brings the weight forward.