Handball drills for attack / offense
- Two teams with 2 or 3 hoops each.
- Attackers try to lay a trap in an enemy hoop.
- Variants, not tipping
- Defender in a hoop, while attacker 1 and 2 bounce
- Expand to 2 defenders in a hoop and finally 1 loose defender
- Divide over left & right with one ball
- Each time you cross over
- Sprinting to the pole
- Connect at the back of the row
- Mini field / 1 ball
- Divide the group into 2 equal teams (each team starts on the back line of the mini field)
- Try to get the ball behind the opposing team's back line (by playing over/ running free).
- Team that is not in possession of the ball tries to intercept/tap out/possess the ball
- (you can make the exercise more difficult, by using a soft ball (that doesn't bounce) and don't let them run (3 passes))
- Bring the ball to the other side in pairs and score.
- Red brings the ball to the other side and tries to score.
- Start in pairs from the back line.
- At the moment red tries to score a goal, green is allowed to start to score a break-out at the other side as well.
- Red then defends back.
- When green has taken a chance they have to go back to defend the other two red players.
- These of course start when green has taken a goal attempt.
- This exercise can continue in current form because the players keep coming back on their own side.
- You can do this on time (which group has scored the most goals?) or you can set a limit to a number of goals scored.
- All players divide themselves over the left and right corner (in pairs)
- The trainer shouts and at that moment the players on their own side sprint around the pilon.
- Once around the pilon, one of the two gets the ball and goes towards the goal.
- First, without a defender, then one defender and then two defenders
- Each striker has one ball and there is one defender defending a mat
- The striker passes the ball to the passing point and gets the ball back.
- From here the attacker makes a passing move: pull over, dragging, mock pass, nillpass, land on 1 leg following with the body
- The attacker has to push the ball onto the mat, when you've done it you walk through the ladder
- Distribution over the middle, left and right
- Opposing each striker is one defender and one goalkeeper in goal
- Instruct offensive team to make passing moves: nillpass, dragging, cutting & in the run (if you can think of more)
- Give the defending team the assignment: Defend frontal, defend in the right way
The field is divided into 5 (attack) zones. That is:
- Zone 1: RH
- Zone 2: RL
- Zone 3: ML
- Zone 4: LL
- Zone 5: LH
- H = high, L = low
- Try as much as possible to occupy every zone in the attack.
- e.g. start the RO in from zone 2 to 3, then the MO should take over the position in zone 2.
- This does not only apply to an in-starting player with ball.
- Positions of in-starting players without ball must also be taken over.