Handball drills for ball control
- Dribbling to the pylon
- Passing move.
- Backwards, pass the ball to the next player in line.
- Roll the ball and when it's halfway, follow it.
- Pick it up. idem.
- Make 2 rows on the 6 meter at the height of LO and RO (1 row needs balls).
- The first two of the row run towards the other 6 meter line, while doing so they play the ball over (finishing on goal). Run back.
- Max 3 steps with the ball.
- Accelerate when picking up the ball.
- Good ball handling
- Depth in the game (do not run on the same line).
- 3 teams (LO, MO, RO)
- 5 team (LH, LO, MO , RO, RH)
- Make sure the corner players are away first and can only get the ball when they are in scoring position.
- 4 hats, 1,2,3 & 4
- The trainer calls which one you touch.
- Forward around the pylon.
- Hats further apart.
- Dribble to the hat with number 1 2 3 or 4
- Form a large circle so that there is enough space between the players.
- Pass the ball to the player next to you.
- Vary by changing direction, playing with bounce, adding 2nd ball.
1. CORRECT ROUND
- LH plays to LO
- Takes position deep in the corner
- LH gets the ball back in the run (with bounce) and completes. 3 Pass rhythm.
- In each hoop/bicycle tyre 1 foot.
2. LO ROUNDS
- RO plays the ball in the run to LO
- LO opts:
- A-B-1 (or left past the pylon/defender)
- A-B-2 (or right past the pylon/defender)
3. RO ROUND AFTER
- LO passes the ball to RO
- RO elects:
- A-B-1 (or right past the pylon/defender)
- A-B-2 (or left past the pylon/defender)
- 2 teams bring up the ball from the centre line
- Around the pawn
- Finish on goal
- First without a defender, then with one defender
- On the wide part of the handball court, one dribbles calmly to the other side
- In the length of the field, one sets up for a sprint dribble.
- Exercise stops when time is up.
- All players divide on the left and right corner (in pairs)
- Players in the left corner have a ball
- The trainer calls yes and at that moment they start to break out together.
- The LH plays the ball and runs towards the goal in order to help the RH
- First without a defender, then a defender and then two defenders
- create teams of 3 players
- 2 balls per 3 players
- 2 players on the outside of the playing field and 1 player in the middle
- 1 pawn approx. 5m in front of the players on the outside
- the outside players have the ball
- player in the middle sprints to the first pawn and is played by 1 outside player and passes back
- then sprint to the other side
- repeat a few times then change position