Handball drills for ball control
Attack - Defence
- Play around and threaten towards goal/defender
- 1 of the corner players plays the ball to the other corner player
- the other corner player rounds to the goal or plays to the build-up player
- if not successful, then just keep attacking and playing around
- Both left and right
Everyone a ball and bounce through 6 meter area. Doing different exercises:
- Bounce the ball through your legs every now and then
- Bounce the ball behind your back
- Try to catch the ball from someone else.
- Bounce on the spot, sit while bouncing, then lie down and then stand up again.
- Bounce with the wrong hand
Variant with the whistle:
- 1 whistle means bouncing with the wrong hand,
- To whistle twice is to pass the ball to someone you see,
- 3 whistles means bouncing the ball quickly to the touchline and back again.
- Make 5 equal groups, 1 group at each side and 3 in the middle.
- Make sure both sides have several balls.
- Put 2 defenders (red) just inside the 9 meter line.
- B1 plays to B2
- B2 runs to the ball and plays to B3
- B3 plays to B4 and B4 tries to score.
- Meanwhile, B1 has to chase the ball to help the defenders.
Then repeat from left to right.
Points of attention:
- Swap positions clockwise every 2 min,
- After 10 minutes everyone has played every position.
- Pass quickly and accurately, if the defenders get the ball, stop the exercise and start again from the other side.
- Mutual play,
- if necessary, stop play and let them look at positions,
- Who stands where and what choice do you make to play the ball to?
- Everyone with a ball to bounce in a designated area.
- There are pawns, 1 less than the number of people.
- On YES everyone grabs a pawn as fast as possible.
- The one who remains falls off.
- Take away one pawn and try again.
- Who is the last one left?
- Throwing up in pairs.
- Move one step further apart and pass without a bow.
- Two teams. Per team 1 bounces and 1 walks with the ball.
- Throw the ball over to the one who was walking along without the ball.
- A new player becomes the one who runs along. The last one to run is the one who bounced first.
Moving forward with ball
- Tipping (right, left or alternately)
- Roll the ball, pick it up, roll it
- Throw the ball upwards (possibly bounce it 1x), catch it
- Throw up ball behind back, catch ball in front of back
- Circle ball around hip
- Pass the ball under the knee with every step
- Idem, with knee lifts
- Soccer dribble
- Hold ball in front of you and walk / heave buttocks / lift knees
- Feinting the ball in the run
- Making passing movements in the run
After this D3 in a row, dribble on the spot, start on a flute and see who is sprinting fastest, because of breakouts
- 2 groups preferably of the same size and level.
- Pass the ball to someone of your own group.
- When you have passed the ball 10 times as a group you have won.
- You can do this multiple times and earn points.
- Or an assignment when you lose.
- You can vary with rules such as not playing the ball back to the person the ball came from.