Handball drills for all skills
- Pass B2 - B6 - B2 - B1 - B2 and shoot at target.
- R1 tries to block.
- Same at the other side
- block with 2 players
- coming from a two turnout middle with left defender or right defender
Attackers have a ball.
- 5 plays to 4 to pass defender 1.
- 4 plays to 5 that passes the defender.
- 3 plays to 2 to pass the defender.
- 4 plays to 3 that passes the defender.
- 2 plays to 1 passing the defender.
- Defender 1 tries to prevent all players from passing him and defends with making contact.
- Each defender twice in a row, i.e. 10 actions in full.
defending the player in possession with contact
- arms bent forward
- blocking the way
- don't let your opponent run in between your arms
- push the attacker outwards
- counterpressure against shoulder that is inwards
- guide movements
- footwork very important, one must be able to keep up with the attacker
- keep contact with floor
- On the left defender and right defender's positions, 3 hurdles are placed.
- players divide themselves over these positions
- First left defender starts with Beinarbeit over the hurdles
- then move backwards
- put pressure,
- receive ball from middle,
- left/right movement
- and finish outside the 9m
- Divide over left & right with one ball
- Each time you cross over
- Sprinting to the pole
- Connect at the back of the row
- Mini field / 1 ball
- Divide the group into 2 equal teams (each team starts on the back line of the mini field)
- Try to get the ball behind the opposing team's back line (by playing over/ running free).
- Team that is not in possession of the ball tries to intercept/tap out/possess the ball
- (you can make the exercise more difficult, by using a soft ball (that doesn't bounce) and don't let them run (3 passes))
- All players with ball on the middle line
- Player plays the ball to the trainer and gets it back while running.
- Player shoots the ball on target.
- Bring the ball to the other side in pairs and score.
- Red brings the ball to the other side and tries to score.
- Start in pairs from the back line.
- At the moment red tries to score a goal, green is allowed to start to score a break-out at the other side as well.
- Red then defends back.
- When green has taken a chance they have to go back to defend the other two red players.
- These of course start when green has taken a goal attempt.
- This exercise can continue in current form because the players keep coming back on their own side.
- You can do this on time (which group has scored the most goals?) or you can set a limit to a number of goals scored.
- Two small playing fields of about 1/8 of a handball court.
- All participants in one of the fields.
- Play the ball over continuously.
- The ball must not touch the ground.
- Participants must keep moving (dribbling).
- "Break" is called at unexpected moments;
- Then, all participants sprint to another field.
- Player with ball throws ball to other field and then sprints to other field.
- Game continues.
- All players divide themselves over the left and right corner (in pairs)
- The trainer shouts and at that moment the players on their own side sprint around the pilon.
- Once around the pilon, one of the two gets the ball and goes towards the goal.
- First, without a defender, then one defender and then two defenders