Handball drills for
This exercise focuses on accelerating in the run while looking carefully around you.
- The team divides into 2 numbers that are about the same speed.
- The 2-tals divide on the outside lines of the hall.
- At the start, the 2-counts run one behind the other, front is the runner and back is the ticker.
- At the whistle, the pairs sprint to the opposite line/corner and the ticker tries to tick off the runner.
- Are you tapped? Press down 5 times. Did you escape? 5 x push-ups for the other person.
- Course of rope ladder - poles - blocks - inverted bench
- Taking turns first rope ladder:
- Slalom between the poles
- Jumping over the blocks
- With 2 feet at the same time
- Balancing over the bench
- Walking sideways over the bench
- While walking throw and catch a ball with the trainer standing behind the bench
- Set out dribble route with hats, with lots of corners.
- Then pass the ball to the trainer
- Pass the ball back and shoot at the pawn in the goal.
- You pick up the ball and throw it to the other side (there is also a goal, a ball will be put there for you).
- Then with sideways-closing movement via cones-circuit to the next goal.
- And so around
- Steady walking pace
- Dribble sideways, arms at defensive level
- Tiptoe walk, arms extended upwards
- In the ladder dribble pass
- From the circle, walk to the pylon and jump up, backwards
- Sprint to the start
- In the middle are a number of 'sharks' dribbling.
- In the corners of the field are different types of fish.
- When your fish is called, you dribble in a circle around the sharks.
- When the trainer calls out 'the sharks are coming', the sharks try to tap the fish.
- The fish dribble away as fast as possible.
- If you are tagged, you become a shark.
- Stand in A frame, and walk slowly with flat hands and feet
- Right hand, left foot, left hand, right foot
- Always relax when it becomes too much
Players split up in the LH and RH, all balls to the trainer on the centre spot.
- At the signal of the trainer, players 1 from both corners sprint towards the trainer. Whoever gets there first gets the ball. The other defends.
- The player with the ball has 5 seconds to come to a conclusion within the 9 meters.
- If the player completes and scores, the defender presses 3 times.
- If the player does not complete or does not score within 9 meters, she presses 3 times.
All players start on the LO in a line, everyone has a ball. In the field there are poles to finish on the spots LH, LO, MO, RO, RH.
- Player 1 starts with a cross and shoots at goal.
- Player 1 walks backwards to the LO, picks up the ball there.
- Player 1 rounds the LO, passes to MO etc.
This has to be done on a high tempo and with high intensity! Players must be tired.
- 2 Benches face each other, between 6 and 8 meters apart
- On every bench there are 4 to 6 pawns
- There are 2 teams who must try to knock off the pawns by throwing them over.
- Pawns that have fallen down can be taken to your own side
- The team that has all the pawns wins
- Place the pawns in bicycle tires, where you are not allowed to stand inside.
- 2 Groups stand in a row next to each other
- Starting point and ending point are marked with a pawn
- The player in front of the group rolls the ball backwards between all legs.
- All players where the ball has passed, lie down as quickly as possible
- The player in the back jumps over the players, connects and rolls the ball backwards again
- Important: Every player who has jumped over gets up again
The first group to cross the line wins.
- Put everyone in a circle with the ball in their hand and hold it high above their shoulder.
- They start with dribbling on the spot in high speed, after 30 seconds you do another exercise.
- Skipping (2 times on 1 leg then on the other leg)
- Jumping forward (2 legs at the same time) and back again
- Stepping to the left and to the right
- Shuffle forwards and backwards
- High speed dribble
- If this is too easy, extend the exercise by 45 seconds or 1 minute
- 2 players start simultaneously
- Quickly forward to the first pawn (left) and backward
- To the other pawn on the right and backwards
- To the centre pawn and backwards
- Sprint to the other side