Handball drills for defense
- Both start in a corner,
- circle the pawn, whoever gets to the ball first is the attacker
- and tries to score.
1. Make pairs with two balls.
2. The two players start from the center line.
3. The trainer plays one ball between the players. The player with the ball becomes attacker, the other defender.
4. After the attacker finishes, the defender runs back to the center line and grabs the second ball.
5. The attacker from the net, becomes the defender and the defender from the net attacks.
1. You divide the team into two corners.
2. One pair starts defending.
2. The first pair plays the ball to the goalkeeper and runs a half break.
3. The pair receives the ball from the goalkeeper just before the half way line4
. They play two against two.
5. 5. After finishing, the next pair starts from the corner and makes a half break.
6. At the same time, the attackers run from the net to the half way line and become defenders. The goalkeeper takes the ball as quickly as possible and plays it to the new attackers.
- MO starts towards left, LO plays pass to inside starting MO
- MO goes further into corner and plays pass to back past starting LH, LH puts pressure for UR, LO starts in towards middle
- LH plays pass to in starting LO
- LO pressures left of MA-l and plays pass to in starting RO, CS puts bar on MA-r, LO puts bar on MA-l, LH starts in to centre
- RO plays pass to in starting LO
- LO completes from circle
- RO plays pass to the left starting MO
- MO starts in front of LO to set up a barrage on HR and plays sideways pass to starting LO
- LO puts pressure on UR and plays pass to LH who starts behind
- LH pressures MA-l, CS moves into the space created by UR stepping out, LH plays pass to CS
- CS finishes
- RH plays pass to in starting RO
- RO puts pressure right on UL (probably forcing UL to step out) and plays pass to in starting LO
- LO puts pressure right on UR, forcing UR to step out, LO makes directional switch to inside and plays pass to in starting LH
- When UR has stepped out to LO, CS-l passes behind the defender into free space LH plays pass to CS-l who is starting
- CS-l completes
- RO starts in towards the middle with ball to pull UL along and plays pass to RH, MO starts behind RO towards outside in to get between UL and HL
- RH plays pass to MO who starts in
- MO makes use of the free space and finishes
- RO plays pass to inside starting LO
- LO puts pressure on HR and plays pass to back of starting LH, CS-l puts bar on UR
- LH puts pressure on MA-r and plays pass to free standing CS
- CS completes