Hockey drills for all skills
- Penalty corner 2.
- A gives a directed pass to B.
- B takes the ball outside the circle and passes to the right.
- C has run into the circle and takes the ball and shoots at goal.
- A= runs through to the far post and is ready to tip the ball or rebound.
- B= runs into the circle for a rebound.
- D= runs to the 2nd post to get the ball for the tip or the rebound.
- E and F= both run to the circle edge to be ready for the rebound.
- G= runs behind the given ball from A and stands at the height of the dot for the rebound.
- This is penalty corner 1.
- We always stand with 7 people at the attacking penalty corner. In the way that you see below.
- A gives a good aimed ball to B.
- B takes the ball outside the circle and finishes on goal.
- These are the tasks of the other players.
- A= after giving the ball, goes to the post and stands ready for the tip or rebound.
- C= walks towards the dot and is also ready for the rebound.
- D= walks to the second post to be able to get the ball there for the tip or rebound.
- E and F= both run to the circle edge and stand there ready to get the ball back.
- G= walks behind ball that A gives along and also stands at the height of the dot and is ready for the rebound.
- B comes running in towards the circle at speed.
- He gets the ball from A who gives a directed push for B so he can take him easily.
- From then on the 2v1 starts. B and C against the defender.
- When the defender has taken the ball away he can score by driving the ball through the orange gate.
- Tips attackers
- Create speed.
- Playing over the backhand side of the defender.
- Make eye contact with teammates.
- Use the in-out running.
- Tips for the defender
- Close the shaft.
- Stand between the pass line of the attackers.
- Let the attacker make the mistake.
- Set up exercise on two sides.
- Practice the clean passing of a ball the proper acceptance of a ball.
- Then the player finishes on target and runs to an action he has made.
- A pushes the ball to B. (look, aim and hit the forehand of your teammate)
- B takes the ball. (hands apart, standing actively, feet apart stick to the ground)
- B pushes the ball to C who accepts the ball and takes it straight to the other side.
- Take on the ball. ( ball on stick, hands apart, ball slightly in front of you)
- Lines up the ball and finishes on the goal.
- D pushes the ball when B has played the ball to C right away.
- B must therefore turn around immediately and pay attention.
- B takes the ball and makes a forehand pass
- B passes the ball to E.
- E takes the ball and gives another pass towards the 2nd post.
- C runs into the ball E gives and changes its direction.
- The ball starts centrally.
- Is passed to the back.
- The winger runs in with a defender in his back.
- The winger gets the ball from the back and passes it to the cdm.
- After this it is a 5 against 4.
- (Strikers, cam, cdm and winger against 4 defenders).
- A 3 v 2 with running lines set out, expanded to a 4 v 3.
- Red plays on white and then taps the other red pilon before getting into the ball and passing it wide to blue.
- Blue returns the ball to white who has run on and the three players play a 3 v 2 on orange.
- Can be extended to a 4 v 3 with an extra defender and attacker in the circle.
- 30 sec jumping jacks
- 30 sec knee lifts
- 30 sec heels against buttocks
- 30 seconds bridge with 1 foot on ball
- 30 sec jump-lunge with ball between legs 30 sec skating jumps
- 30 sec Russian-twist (feet off the floor)
- Build up from 25
Plank workout (3 minutes)
- 30 seconds normal plank
- 30 seconds of alternating left and right leg lifts
- 30 seconds of side plank on right side, other arm extended
- 30 seconds side plank on left side, other arm extended
- 30 seconds of normal plank 30 seconds of spiderman plank
- 2 x 1 minute (rest 20 seconds)
- 3 x 8 pylo-clap push-ups
You are only allowed to run on the lines of, for example, a volleyball field. The person who's 'it' must try to tag one of the runners.
- Turn right/left only.
- Knees high.
- Backwards (don't fall!) etc.
Outside you can set up a closed course with hats or cones.
- Defence: focus on man coverage
- Attack: running in