Hockey drills for ball control
- Player 1 runs with the ball to the circle and shoots
- Player 4 plays the ball to the left where player 2 and defender 1 are running in (2v1)
- Player 4 plays the ball to the right where player 3 and defender 2 come running in (3v2)
- Player 4 runs with a ball into the circle and finishes off the attack (4v2)
- receive the ball either forehand or backhand,
- receive with a forehand and turn quickly to your left side.
- receive with a backhand and turn quickly to your right side.
- While under pressure:
- receive on the side were the defender is positioned, turn away quickly and speed up
- The defender (1) plays the ball to the right back (2).
- Right half (3) pulls in and right front player (4) goes deep.
- Defender (2) plays a deep pass to the front right player (4).
- Front right player turns away and plays the ball back to the midfielder (3).
- Midfielder plays the ball back to the other central defender (5) who runs forward.
- Pass to the left back (6) and then repeat the same exercise over the right.
- recieve the ball on your forehand or backhand,
- recieve forehand and turn strong to your left site.
- recieve backhand and turn strong to your right site.
- under press:
- recieve on the side were the defender is and recieve strong turn the other way and speed up
- push, slap, hit, overhead, running lob
- FH: left hand forward, walk/run into the bal, open- closed recieve
- BH: recieve with a high backhand run into direction of the ball
- Note: recieve always on the move