hockey drills for Ball control
- Keeper on target
- Place 2 gates of pilons on the 23-metre line (the gates are on the left and right side of the goalposts)
- Player red starts on the head circle and accelerates with ball through the gates.
- Immediately after passing the gates, red passes to blue.
- Red sprints around a pilon to put pressure and/or take the ball away from blue.
- After receiving the ball, blue accelerates with ball and runs through the gates.
- If blue passes through the gates, red is not allowed to take the ball and has to go back to the pilon.
- Blue accelerates into the head circle and shoots at the goal.
- Make a triangle with pilons (2 meters between each pilon).
- Player red starts with ball at the pilon 5 meters away from the triangle.
- Player red passes to player blue while he dynamically moves towards and around the triangle.
- Player blue pivots the ball and plays the ball to player white.
- Player white plays the ball back to the starting point (red).
- During the exercise, each player runs behind his/her ball.
- A starts with the ball and makes eye contact with B
- B moves on and indicates where he wants the ball and receives the ball from A
- He completes his turn and makes eye contact with C
- C starts running and gets the ball from B
- C runs into the circle and shoots at goal
- Execute exercise on the other side as well
- A stands in the box with her back facing towards the back line
- B calls a colour either Blue or Orange
- A runs first to the front pilon and taps the pilon. She then runs to the other same coloured pilon and runs around it.
- B runs a bit with the ball and gives a straight ball to A
- A controls the ball while running and takes the ball to the circle and lines up and shoots.
- The same on the other side
The player with the red pilon is ready for the long corner. This player plays the ball to the left and gives the ball to the player coming from the white pilon. The player of the white pilon plays the ball as hard as possible into the circle (towards the goal).
When the long corner is taken, the players try to run into the blue and orange pilon and intercept the ball. The player who intercepts the ball scores on the back line and the other player scores on the 23-m line. It becomes a 1 to 1.
Swap: Red - White - Blue - Orange - Red
Attention: The player who takes the long corner stands ready as if he himself is going towards the circle. Pass the ball hard and low towards the dot.
- Put out the columns as shown in the figure
- Spread the balls over pylon C and D.
- In this exercise you place a player at pylon C and D.
- The rest of the team will line up at pylon A.
- From A onwards, the player walks around the pylon
- From the post, the player makes a sideways movement facing the ball (facing C).
- Player C plays the ball in the forehand of A
- A takes the ball and turns right open
- A runs in the direction of the circle and finishes at goal.
- From here he runs to D and receives another ball.
- The player turns open to the left and finishes on goal again.
- Divide the group in two.
- Everyone stands in his own free space.
- You can score points by dribbling to the pylon and return to the free space, this is 1 point.
- If you get tapped you have to go back, but it doesn't give you a point.
- After 2 minutes the 2 taggers are replaced.
- (first practice without ball and stick)
- You place 11 pylons at different distances, under each pylon you put a stack of city names.
- Each 2 tries to reach all 11 pylons as fast as possible.
- You dribble to a pylon, take a city map and take it back with you, tap the next one and it runs to another pylon.
- Each city you return to the trainer will be stamped on the 11 city card.
- Who reached the 11 cities first?
(first practice without ball and stick)
For the trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.